OT - Ron Artest Will Not Play this year

EZC-Boston

OUCH!!!!

Ahhhh - seriously.... I am in severe PAIN right now...

Reading your posts is making my head f-cking hurt so f-cking bad.

Quit being a PACER HOMER and look at this situation for what it is:  a thug going after a guy for hitting him with water.

129148[/snapback]

Steve I have a strong feeling from reading your posts and reactions to things sometimes that you would be very likely to attack someone who threw a beer on you.

It has nothing to do with being a homer, I actually wish it had been someone elses team so I wouldn't be accused of being a homer for defending Artest.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course he didn't retaliate.  The dude facing him would have wrung him out like a wet towel.  Instead, he finds the 135 pound Waldo in the crowd.  Smart, tough man.

129151[/snapback]

Dude you are just so full of stevestojan, please just shut up, you have no idea what you are talking about.

It's more of an indictment on our society that people think they have the right to act like total azzholes because they bought a ticket.  If you wouldn't act like that in front of your mother...

129146[/snapback]

I agree 100 percent and I think I mentioned that earlier in this thread. What happened between Artest and Wallace happens all the time in the NBA. What the fans did was completely over the line and unprecedented. Then the Pacer players made things worse by going into the stands.

Steve I have a strong feeling from reading your posts and reactions to things sometimes that you would be very likely to attack someone who threw a beer on you.

129154[/snapback]

Would I? If I was drunk? Maybe. Would I run 5 rows through other fans, paying no regard to whether i was gonna step on/ get pushed on a little kid? No. Would I if it meant I might lose my job? Nope. Would I if I was getting paid $5.x million a year? Nope.

BF, the thing your little mind can't grasp is pro athletes, as f-cked up as this sounds, gave up their "normal person" title the minute they signed a deal to play a game for millions a year. They are held to a different standard.

The worse part is, say I was at a tailgate, acting like a jackass (like Artest was laying on the scorer's table - he should have just gone to center court) and someone dumped a beer on me, if i did go completly insane, I would go after the guy who hit me with it, NOT some random person in a crowd.

AND, on top of all of this, if i did hit someone who dumped a beer on me, I could expect the police to have me in cuffs, and I would know I would have NO DEFENSE for it.

The dude facing him would have wrung him out like a wet towel. 

129151[/snapback]

Darin, there's no way you really believe that. Every fan I saw were cowards, punching people from behind or acting all tough until they came face to face with the athletes.

Darin, there's no way you really believe that. Every fan I saw were cowards, punching people from behind or acting all tough until they came face to face with the athletes.

129180[/snapback]

I was talking about Ben Wallace. You know, the guy who really disrespected Artest by pushing him in the face. Hello? Is this thing on?

Would I? If I was drunk? Maybe. Would I run 5 rows through other fans, paying no regard to whether i was gonna step on/ get pushed on a little kid? No. Would I if it meant I might lose my job? Nope. Would I if I was getting paid $5.x million a year? Nope. 

BF, the thing your little mind can't grasp is pro athletes, as f-cked up as this sounds, gave up their "normal person" title the minute they signed a deal to play a game for millions a year. They are held to a different standard.

The worse part is, say I was at a tailgate, acting like a jackass (like Artest was laying on the scorer's table - he should have just gone to center court) and someone dumped a beer on me, if i did go completly insane, I would go after the guy who hit me with it, NOT some random person in a crowd.

AND, on top of all of this, if i did hit someone who dumped a beer on me, I could expect the police to have me in cuffs, and I would know I would have NO DEFENSE for it.

129172[/snapback]

Kind of makes you wonder, doesn't it? Some people think that a pro athlete has permission to machine gun nuns at a convent if they feel they were "dissed." I don't know about the rest of you, but if I were given the opportunity to make 8 million a year to play a game, I can't think of ANY circumstance that would cause me to jeopardize my good fortune.

I was talking about Ben Wallace.  You know, the guy who really disrespected Artest by pushing him in the face.  Hello?  Is this thing on?

129185[/snapback]

My mistake. Thought you were talking about the guy in the white shirt who really threw the first cup at Artest. Artest walked by him and went after "Waldo."

My mistake. Thought you were talking about the guy in the white shirt who really threw the first cup at Artest. Artest walked by him and went after "Waldo."

129193[/snapback]

No problem. I was just pointing out what a P.O.S. Artest really is and the fact that the "disrespect" argument holds no water given the transgression he ignored over the one he chose to act on.

129193[/snapback]

And never did anything. He shoved the guy away. never threw a punch, even when he was grabbed from behind. He didn't throw his first punch at all until much later when a different fan came toward him. Artest didnt do a thing to "Waldo" but shove his face down, and not even that hard. He didnt go up there to punch someone out. If he did he would have started swinging, which he had ample time and room to. But he didnt even try to throw a punch. (Again, I don't even like the guy one bit, I am just explaining what I saw actually happen)

And never did anything. He shoved the guy away. never threw a punch, even when he was grabbed from behind. He didn't throw his first punch at all until much later when a different fan came toward him. Artest didnt do a thing to "Waldo" but shove his face down, and not even that hard. He didnt go up there to punch someone out. If he did he would have started swinging, which he had ample time and room to. But he didnt even try to throw a punch. (Again, I don't even like the guy one bit, I am just explaining what I saw actually happen)

129204[/snapback]

I disagree. He was trying to swing but was unable to get his balance in time to do so (luckily for Waldo).

129204[/snapback]

That is exactly right. That's what happened. The guy he punched was someone who came on to the court after Artest left the crowd and returned to the playing floor. As far as I'm concerned, fans who came on to the floor got exactly what they deserved.

But Artest did go into the crowd and therefore he deserves a big suspension. But not for the whole year.

I disagree.  He was trying to swing but was unable to get his balance in time to do so (luckily for Waldo).

129207[/snapback]

If he wanted to swing he would have swung. He charged up, stopped, put his left hand on the guy's face and pushed down. No punch. Then he was grabbed and still no punch, he just wrestled to get out of the grab from behind. Then he was let go I believe, and still no punch.

I disagree.  He was trying to swing but was unable to get his balance in time to do so (luckily for Waldo).

129207[/snapback]

Regardless of what his intent was, he didn't throw a punch while he was in the crowd. Woulda coulda shoulda aside, he didn't throw a punch while he was in the stands.

He went in though, and deserves a long suspension without pay.

Some of you people need to get a grip on reality.

129209[/snapback]

Maybe so. I'll take my version of reality over yours any day of the week. And my version of reality is pretty sound. Not a flame-but I often wonder where your synapses got misrouted.