Rooney Rule and Pete Carroll

ieatcrayonz

If Pete Carroll to Seattle is overturned by the obvious Rooney rule violation, should Buffalo go after him? I think his coaching career started with the Bills.

Rules are rules and it is pretty clear Seattle broke the Rooney rule. I seriously doubt Goodell lets them get away with it.

Goodell will let them get away with it because the owner is Paul Allen, and there has not been the uproar that should have immediately come with the violation.

When Frazier went to interview for the job, he showed that he was willing to play ball and be the token that he is. That to me is very sad, and says a lot about what is more important to him.

Notice that ESPN has said virtually NOTHING about it- I have noticed this from the beginning, and yet all these supposed "professionals" in the media have swallowed the whistle so to speak.

Goodell will let them get away with it because the owner is Paul Allen, and there has not been the uproar that should have immediately come with the violation.

When Frazier went to interview for the job, he showed that he was willing to play ball and be the token that he is. That to me is very sad, and says a lot about what is more important to him.

Notice that ESPN has said virtually NOTHING about it- I have noticed this from the beginning, and yet all these supposed "professionals" in the media have swallowed the whistle so to speak.

Frazier interviewed because he has the same agent as Mora, who is trying to extract more money from Seattle. He is not being a token, he is being a businessman.

Goodell is too into all the details to miss this. If he fines Fred Jackson for D3 eye black, he will defintely stop Seattle in their tracks. He can't really stop Carroll though. If PC wants to go home to Buffalo, he can.

Actually, they have it scrolling now that the league is satisfied Seattle met the Rooney reqmt's with Frazier.

But please don't let that interrupt a crayonz thread! :ph34r:

That article came from something called "The Canadian Press". That does not create a lot of confidence.

Still, Goodell is probably dealing with it behind the scenes. They may use other reasons to save face, but PC will proabably not end up in Seattle.

You think the Rooney Rule will stop them from employing the coach of their choice? They will be forced to come to heel and hire someone else?

You are nuts, at most they would maybe fine the team thats all, if they deem the rooney rule was broken.

Pete Carroll is the new Seahawks coach, end of story.

That article came from something called "The Canadian Press". That does not create a lot of confidence.

Still, Goodell is probably dealing with it behind the scenes. They may use other reasons to save face, but PC will proabably not end up in Seattle.

Lol. Thats just one of the many articles that cite Goodell already making a statement about it. The Canadian Press article is hardly unique. Nice try though.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100110/ap_on_...ey_rule_goodell

Lol. Thats just one of the many articles that cite Goodell already making a statement about it. The Canadian Press article is hardly unique. Nice try though.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100110/ap_on_...ey_rule_goodell

There is no way that Goodell would ignore something which is so obviously an important rule in the NFL. If he has a good handle on small things like eye black statements, he must have a good handle on pervasive racism.

I understand that Seattle is a highly racist city, but that does not serve as an excuse.