Leslie Frazer "blew away" Nix in interview.

But those weren't your original points. Your original points were that Leslie Frazier prefers small players to big players even though the defense he currently coaches is comprised of big players. The second point was that the Bills wouldn't be able to attract large football players and would have to settle for smaller players even if they wanted bigger players, thus making the ridiculous inference that all big football players are good players and all small football players are bad players and every single team is looking for the exact same type of players. Those are the original points you made and the ones I disputed. Stop trying to make sense after the fact.

Ok I'll explain this as simply as possible. I said the Tampa 2 scheme typically relies on smallish players. I also said, we don't know what Frazier would do in personel decisions because he has no track record for actually aquiring players.

Regarding large and small players, it is not great mystery that good football players are coveted despite their size. I would love to see my post where I said "BIG PLAYERS GOOOOOD.......SMALL PLAYERS BAAAAD."

I will say that the smaller players on defense tend to get injured more, at least in Buffalo. I don't think anyone would dispute that. Get your facts straight.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

really? the Williams boys would beg to differ.

I was refering to the typicall defensive philisophy of the tampa 2 scheme. Which typically relies on smallish quick athletic defensive polayers. It is not a universal though. We really do not know if Frazier likes bigger defensive players or not, becasue he does not make the personal decisions in Minnesota.

Right...

I'll believe it when I see it...Otherwise He's still 149-90-1, and 12-9 in The Playoffs... :wallbash:

Dont get me wrong he should be a HoF coach down the road, but when I lived in Pburgh I got alot of Cowher. You can't take anything away from the man and I know i'll get guff for this but the fact he only won 1 SB is unreal to me. The Steelers have pretty much always been stable and thats not because of bill cowher.

Cowher's personality as a coach just isnt right for us anymore, he's a different guy now with different goals and motives.

So, you guys would rather have a proven failure (Brian Billick) than an unknown coordinator that many people speak highly of?

A proven failure to the tune of a Super Bowl ring and 4 playoff appearances in 9 seasons? Sure, sign me up.

So, you guys would rather have a proven failure (Brian Billick) than an unknown coordinator that many people speak highly of?

Proven failure with a super bowl ring? You can say what you want about Billik, but as they say....look at the scoreboard and then complain.

DID he get blown away because Cowher is taking too long or worst yet might go in different direction. Only way someone can get blown away in my book is if they have the Top offensive & defensive assistants in their pocket...........Bills nation isnt stupid . We had a chance at Marvin Lewis who let his defense blow us away in the Super Bowl with a lame QB . We instead pick a Greg Williams who blew the GM away in an interview . Thanks Frasier but no thanks

Marvin Lewis did not want the job. He didn't like the school system in B-Lo and other things.

If by proven failure you mean a guy with a 80-64 regular season record and a 5-3 playoff record, 2 division championships, 1 conference championship and 1 Superbowl championship to his credit...then yes, I'd very much like to acquire said failure.

A proven failure to the tune of a Super Bowl ring and 4 playoff appearances in 9 seasons? Sure, sign me up.

If you really think Billick had anything to do with those Raven teams winning, you really need to watch more football.

Failure?

80-64 in 9 Seasons as a HC...5-3 in the Playoffs...One Super Bowl Ring...Made the Playoffs 4 out of 9 Seasons (Billick went 9-7 and 8-8 once each...He really only had two bad Seasons with his worst being 5-11 in 07 when things kinda fell apart).

The guy is rumored to be a pretty arrogant prick...But failure? Not so much... :wallbash:

If you really think Billick had anything to do with those Raven teams winning, you really need to watch more football.

So we should only be considering coaches who have won a lot of games with crappy players? And who exactly would fit that criteria?