Would You Like Some Soda With Your Fecal Matter?

Steely Dan

EWWWWW!!

(CNN) -- It fizzes. It quenches. And it could also contain fecal bacteria.

Nearly half of the 90 beverages from soda fountain machines in one area in Virginia tested positive for coliform bacteria -- which could indicate possible fecal contamination, according to a study published in the January issue of International Journal of Food Microbiology.

Researchers also detected antibiotic-resistant microbes and E.coli in the soda samples.

Well this makes ya think twice about ordering a soda at a FF restaurant. :thumbsup:

Maybe it's like getting immunized? :w00t:

Well this makes ya think twice about ordering a soda at a FF restaurant. :w00t:

No it doesn't. **** is everywhere. It's on your toothbrush, it's on the hands that you shake, it's on door handles.... People need to stop worrying so much about germs, a small amount isn't going to kill you.

:w00t::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

the over the top sterilization of everything in our world today, i am convinced, is the reason so many people these days get sicker and are stricken with more allergies than they were as early as 30 years ago.....the body needs germs and impurities in order to build up immunities. The Purel's and other hand sanitizers are the bane of our civilization(yeah i know...a bit of an exaggeration)....when I was growing up, no one was allergic to milk or peanuts....now it seems everyone is......shake hands....take off the face masks....put fat back in foods.......live.....live.....live.......

now can i please get a Poop-si?

No it doesn't. **** is everywhere. It's on your toothbrush, it's on the hands that you shake, it's on door handles.... People need to stop worrying so much about germs, a small amount isn't going to kill you.

the over the top sterilization of everything in our world today, i am convinced, is the reason so many people these days get sicker and are stricken with more allergies than they were as early as 30 years ago.....the body needs germs and impurities in order to build up immunities The Purel's and other hand sanitizers are the bane of our civilization(yeah i know...a bit of an exaggeration)....when I was growing up, no one was allergic to milk or peanuts....now it seems everyone is......shake hands....take off the face masks....put fat back in foods.......live.....live.....live.......

amen brother! preach on, preach on!

now give me that poop-si, but hold the poop :thumbsup:

the over the top sterilization of everything in our world today, i am convinced, is the reason so many people these days get sicker and are stricken with more allergies than they were as early as 30 years ago.....the body needs germs and impurities in order to build up immunities. The Purel's and other hand sanitizers are the bane of our civilization(yeah i know...a bit of an exaggeration)....when I was growing up, no one was allergic to milk or peanuts....now it seems everyone is......shake hands....take off the face masks....put fat back in foods.......live.....live.....live.......

Reminds of a movie I saw about Howard Hughs. He was in a men's room and washing his hands over and over, using a new paper towel every time. Well he used all the towels and realized he had trapped himself. He could not bring himself to touch the door knob to the room with bare hands, so he stood in front of the door, freaking out, till someone from the outside opened it and he ran out without touching it.

I am afraid I have butchered and eaten way to many animals to be concerned about evey bug.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I have a friend who's been lactose intolerant his whole life and he's 45. I agree with you on things you've never heard of popping up, like restless leg syndrome and such We're a society of wusses. Everything may contain fecal matter but not at this level. Evidently it's not enough to cause an outbreak, but it's still gross to think about. :sick:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I just went to Disney World... Don't ask why... :sick::wallbash:

At a resturant for the first time in my life, had the waiter ask:

"Is there any nut allergies we should be concerned with?"

I was so tempted to say:

"Yes, me!"

Buy.. The wife nudged me first. Afterall, we were there for the "children." <_<

Anyway... People were probably allergic back then... They just never said anything or didn't know what the heck was happening, so they just powered through in fear of pissing others off.

I have a friend who's been lactose intolerant his whole life and he's 45. I agree with you on things you've never heard of popping up, like restless leg syndrome and such We're a society of wusses. Everything may contain fecal matter but not at this level. Evidently it's not enough to cause an outbreak, but it's still gross to think about. :thumbsup:

Gets you to wonder about tap water... One time our village had to order a boil order because coliform some how got into the water... Most likely when they were repairing a pipe??? Can't that be from dirt?

Gets you to wonder about tap water... One time our village had to order a boil order because coliform some how got into the water... Most likely when they were repairing a pipe??? Can't that be from dirt?

We've had those here too. Evidently something about Hemlock lake makes them go weird.

I have a friend who's been lactose intolerant his whole life and he's 45. I agree with you on things you've never heard of popping up, like restless leg syndrome and such We're a society of wusses. Everything may contain fecal matter but not at this level. Evidently it's not enough to cause an outbreak, but it's still gross to think about. :thumbsup:

Want to hear something gross? Every time you flush the toilet, little poo particles fly up into the air and onto your toothbrush.

We've had those here too. Evidently something about Hemlock lake makes them go weird.

Just joking below... Don't take it seriously...

Just wait till the silver carp make their way up the Genesee/Honeoye and begin jumping: :thumbsup:

This from Wiki, there goes the neighborhood:

A feature of the lake is its land-locked salmon. In addition, the lake does offer an excellent fishery for rainbow trout, brown trout, lake trout, smallmouth bass, largemouth bass, rock bass, yellow perch, and white crappie. The scenic, undisturbed surroundings make it an ideal location for a quiet and peaceful outing.

I guess the white crappie will have to find another place to live.

:thumbsup::sick:

Then again... They may actually help with the problem by eating the nasty stuff.

:thumbsup:

Want to hear something gross? Every time you flush the toilet, little poo particles fly up into the air and onto your toothbrush.

I have always been a little worried about that, so I keep my toothbrush up my ass, just in case. I don't want little poopies landing on my toothbrush. :wallbash:

I work in food safety. I test for the presence of this stuff. The presence of coliforms doesn't mean that they are fecal coliforms. And even if they are, you need a high enough dose of the coliforms before you get sick.