Drayton Florence Among Lowest In Burn Percentage

bobcat

Seems like every single game, Drayton was making lots of great plays and very few mistakes. What a FA pickup he turned out to be! I hate John Guy, but he hits it right once in a while.

I would hate to give DJ credit here but it looks like he does have some sort of eye for DB's. I mean with the exception of the 2006 draft (And thats a big exception) DJ has made good choices in the secondary look at DJ's DB pick ups Byrd duh, McKelvin was showing signs before he got hurt, Corner seems like a solid dime/nickel back, Florence is a good nickel back/backup, Lankaster show promise, and guys like Greer and Leonhard have proven to be more then serviceable on their new teams.

Drayton has another year on his deal and looks to be a guy that brings quality and depth to the secondary. Sadly thats the only place on this team where we have depth. :w00t:

I would hate to give DJ credit here but it looks like he does have some sort of eye for DB's. I mean with the exception of the 2006 draft (And thats a big exception) DJ has made good choices in the secondary look at DJ's DB pick ups Byrd duh, McKelvin was showing signs before he got hurt, Corner seems like a solid dime/nickel back, Florence is a good nickel back/backup, Lankaster show promise, and guys like Greer and Leonhard have proven to be more then serviceable on their new teams.

Drayton has another year on his deal and looks to be a guy that brings quality and depth to the secondary. Sadly thats the only place on this team where we have depth. :w00t:

You can't burn a CB when they line up 30 yards off the ball.

DF way out-played my expectations this season. The Bills seemed to have a better feel of what type of positioning to put him in than the Jags did. I liked also how he allowed his size to work for him against some of the stronger WR's.

Ya, I guess that explains us being right at the top in interceptions for the year. :w00t:

Anyhoo, I repeatedly told certain posters on this board that Florence was going to be a good pickup, specially for the money that we signed him for. He had a bad year by his standards in Jacksonville, but what a lot of people forget is that when he played for San Diego he was one of the best Nickelback corners in the league, thus leading him to his huge contract offer with the Jags.

I don't think Florence should be a starter at all. But in the nickel and dime positions or as a spot starter for a few games he is a guy you want on your roster. McKelvin and McGee will be the starters and Corner, Lankester, Florence, and Harris will all be the next guys along the depth chart.

I don't think Florence should be a starter at all. But in the nickel and dime positions or as a spot starter for a few games he is a guy you want on your roster. McKelvin and McGee will be the starters and Corner, Lankester, Florence, and Harris will all be the next guys along the depth chart.

At this point, McKelvin would have a lot of improving to do to get the starting nod over Florence.

I thought it was quite clear that McKelvin was regressing this year before he got injured. McKelvin was handed the starting spot instead of having to earn it and this approach didn't seem to work.

At this point, McKelvin would have a lot of improving to do to get the starting nod over Florence.

I thought it was quite clear that McKelvin was regressing this year before he got injured. McKelvin was handed the starting spot instead of having to earn it and this approach didn't seem to work.

McKelvin's play, outside of the blown KO return against the Pats, wasn't a problem for the Bills. But I agree that a competition amongst McGee, McKelvin, and Florence would be a good thing, and may the best men win.

Oohhh lookie - Greer ranks #2 in lowest burn percentage! Greer should have been given his $6.5M to stay here, thus saving us the McKelvin pick. That pick could've been used to pick up OL or DL.

Oohhh lookie - Greer ranks #2 in lowest burn percentage! Greer should have been given his $6.5M to stay here, thus saving us the McKelvin pick. That pick could've been used to pick up OL or DL.

Greer had nothing to do with McKelvin, Jai. McKelvin was for losing Clements. And with Florence ranking fairly high, at a third the cost of Greer. And given the Bills' 2nd ranked pass defense and INT's, the Bills can't be faulted too much for that move.

Greer had nothing to do with McKelvin, Jai. McKelvin was for losing Clements. And with Florence ranking fairly high, at a third the cost of Greer. And given the Bills' 2nd ranked pass defense and INT's, the Bills can't be faulted too much for that move.

McKelvin could've been drafted to replace Clements, but the replacement was already on the roster - Greer. If we had a backfield that lined up McGee, Greer, Florence, Corner, & Lankster, I believe that you are still getting a top notch unit. Unfortunately this year, McKelvin wasn't able to contribute to the defense's pass rank and interception totals, but hopefully the nagging (and big) injuries will be absent next year. It is also true that Florence comes in at half the cost of Greer ($3M/yr), but McKelvin's rookie salary ($5M/yr) almost offsets Greer's salary.

Seems like every single game, Drayton was making lots of great plays and very few mistakes. What a FA pickup he turned out to be! I hate John Guy, but he hits it right once in a while.

I also like DF. He seems pretty solid and I don't recall him giving up a lot of big "toast" plays.

Certainly a keeper.

:wallbash:

Thats because he only played 9 games this year... he shouldn't even be on the list.

McKelvin played 1.5 games. Way too early to make any judgements on him.

All I know is that with McGee, McKelvin, Florence, and Corner, you will be hard pressed to find a better group of corners in the NFL. And considering this is a passing league now, this is huge. Great FA signing.

LIKE THEY SAY EVEN A BLIND PIG CAN FIND A ACORN IN A MUD PIT SOMETIMES