Pete Carroll ACCEPTS deal with Seattle

papazoid

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...-year-35m-deal/

sure seems like the market for a head coach is set.

a lot of money for a guy who is going to suck again as an NFL coach. Carroll is great at recruiting. There is no recruiting in the NFL. He is NOT a good NFL coach...huge difference between pro and college coaching. Why NFL teams cannot understand you have a 20x better chance of hiring a good coach that is a coordinator instead of the best college coach is beyond me...

Saban to Miami---fail

Spurrier to Washington---fail

Petrino to Atlanta---fail

Davis to Cleveland---fail

Carroll to Seattle---will fail

so i guess they decided to take the league penalty for the Rooney Rule?

I guess we will see what the penalty is. Im kinda surprised they didn't address their GM need first

Well, with Carroll president I guess he'll address their GM need.

And to expand on the links: "and a pair of current NFL head coaches -- Jeff Fisher of the Tennessee Titans and Jack Del Rio of the Jacksonville Jaguars."

So now Cowher will have to wait to see if the Titans or Jaguars job opens up.

i honestly think that the bills are waiting for Cowher to accept the bills job. if cowher removes himself from the bills job, Nix will immediately make contact with Marty Schottenheimer. i think it would be embarrassing to Marty to get him dangling, only to pull the rug out from under him if cowher says yes.

(i apologize to those who may have seen my comment in one of the other 50 threads on this Cowher subject)

I don't know what is the obsession with Carroll. I mean 7 million a year for 5 years for a COLLEGE head coach. I know Cowher and Shanny are worth 7 million plus a year because they have won super bowls. AND Carroll failed as a NFL head coach which makes this more puzzling.

a lot of money for a guy who is going to suck again as an NFL coach. Carroll is great at recruiting. There is no recruiting in the NFL. He is NOT a good NFL coach...huge difference between pro and college coaching. Why NFL teams cannot understand you have a 20x better chance of hiring a good coach that is a coordinator instead of the best college coach is beyond me...

Saban to Miami---fail

Spurrier to Washington---fail

Petrino to Atlanta---fail

Davis to Cleveland---fail

Carroll to Seattle---will fail

jimmy johnson did ok in dallas