The Sabres are keeping me happy!

Buffalo 66

i think they need one more consistent goal scorer to be a real contender for the cup. not saing they wont do well in the playoffs though. Maybe they could get one at the deadline.

Peter Forsberg said hes looking to make a comeback.

Wonder if he has anything left in the tank.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

"I really don't like them. They're a rival. They're in our division. They're constantly talking about how they're going to rough me up every night. I love nothing more than to win against them and send them an hour and a half on their way."

—Sabres goalie Ryan Miller on his feelings about the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Love this guy! :thumbsup:

Maybe they could get one at the deadline.

IMO...the Sabres would be wise to part with Stafford or Roy, with a prospect to get a playmaker ie. Martin St. Louis from TB. Roy is just so frustrating because of stupid penalties, and inconsistency, plus we have his clone in Portland with Gerbe. We have Kaleta and Sekera scratched at the present time and we have depth in Portland. I would love to see a player of St. Louis's caliber playing with Vanek! Oh....btw, can you say anything more about Myers?....I have been waiting too long for a defenseman like this guy FOREVER!

Sabres are winning, but they are stil 1 or 2 pieces away from being a SC contender. A little more corner grit, and/or another pure goal scorer

they'll get beat in the 1st or 2nd rd of the playoffs with the team they have now

IMO...the Sabres would be wise to part with Stafford or Roy, with a prospect to get a playmaker ie. Martin St. Louis from TB. Roy is just so frustrating because of stupid penalties, and inconsistency, plus we have his clone in Portland with Gerbe. We have Kaleta and Sekera scratched at the present time and we have depth in Portland. I would love to see a player of St. Louis's caliber playing with Vanek! Oh....btw, can you say anything more about Myers?....I have been waiting too long for a defenseman like this guy FOREVER!

WRONG!!!!!! Roy is clutch when it counts.. you can't coach that.

and they are still young!!! as long as they keep everyone around, i smell a future dynasty.

Miller, Vanek, Myers, Roy, Pominville, Gaustad, Kennedy, MaCarthur, Stafford, Butler all nice and young will be here a long time hopefully. And then Connelly, Tallinder, Rivet and Montador with veteran leadership hopefully here for awhile

Not to mention 4 talented prospects: Brennan, Ennis, Enroth and Zagrapan

You could be right. Don't forget the Sabres habit of letting everyone go after the team has some success. Hopefully Sabres management has learned from past mistakes. I would love to see the Sabres win a Stanley Cup before I die.

I think the 'Hawks may have soomething to say about that and their mouthguard dangling, cabbie jumping punk from BFLO. God, I hope their goaltending goes soft and they lay an egg like they did the last time they won a Prez. back in the early 1990's... Don't bet on it! :wallbash:

#1 seeds SUCK when it comes to the playoffs... I don't want a President's Trophy; leave that to New Jersey. The CUP is what counts.

Glad to see that Wirtz finally has a clue, huh???

WRONG!!!!!! Roy is clutch when it counts.. you can't coach that.

Well, he does not have that track record as of yet, we need a playmaker to go to the next level and he just is not there!

Well, he does not have that track record as of yet, we need a playmaker to go to the next level and he just is not there!

He is more than capable of producing in the playoffs, and with Pominville excepted, you won't find a more game-changing forward on this team than Roy... Vanek may score more, but Roy "stirs the drink", so to speak.

He is more than capable of producing in the playoffs, and with Pominville excepted, you won't find a more game-changing forward on this team than Roy... Vanek may score more, but Roy "stirs the drink", so to speak.

When has he scored big goals? He plays with absolutely no edge, and is one of our worst 2 way players. Are you saying you would rather have Roy than St. Louis?

When has he scored big goals? He plays with absolutely no edge, and is one of our worst 2 way players. Are you saying you would rather have Roy than St. Louis?

St. Louis would not be a good fit for this team- we don't need another Miro Satan not bringing enough grit to the table.

St. Louis would not be a good fit for this team- we don't need another Miro Satan not bringing enough grit to the table.

Have you watched him play before....he is not anything close to Satan.....he has much more grit than Roy