Vikings fans not enamored with Frazier

JimBob2232

Sounds like a Cottrell reincarnate.

There's a simple rule of thumb in my mind when it comes to coaches. I call it the Ted Marchibroda rule. Look at the talent a coach has to work with. Is the talent making them look good? Seriously, is Leslie Frazier about to become a head coach riding on the coat tails of Jared Allen, Kevin and Pat Williams, E.J. Henderson, and Antoine Winfield? Or is he really making them good?

IMO the talent on his team is making him look good.

The one guy in that thread lost me with this tidbit (emphasis mine):

It's very interesting ... the Bills have been all over Bill Cowher like stink on s**t. On the surface, who could blame them? But ... Bill Cowher plays power, smash-mouth football. Every coach in recent Bills history has attempted to play power, smash-mouth football, mostly because of the horrid weather conditions. So are we to assume that Bill Cowher can actually make Buffalo better? Or would he crash and burn ?

Who the hell was he watching?

The one guy in that thread lost me with this tidbit (emphasis mine):

It's very interesting ... the Bills have been all over Bill Cowher like stink on s**t. On the surface, who could blame them? But ... Bill Cowher plays power, smash-mouth football. Every coach in recent Bills history has attempted to play power, smash-mouth football, mostly because of the horrid weather conditions. So are we to assume that Bill Cowher can actually make Buffalo better? Or would he crash and burn ?

Who the hell was he watching?

If anything we've had some coaches that were far too pass happy. Fairchild wanted Trent to run an offense like Brady runs. Gilbride would pass on 3rd and an inch.

There's a simple rule of thumb in my mind when it comes to coaches. I call it the Ted Marchibroda Marv Levy rule. Look at the talent a coach has to work with. Is the talent making them look good? IMO the talent on his team is making him look good.

Fixed it for ya. :rolleyes:

Note - this rule does not apply to GM's. :flirt:

I will be very disappointed if the Bills choose Frazier as the head coach. Having said that, it is possible that a mediocre defensive coordinator can be a very good head coach. Different skills are required as a head coach, and I have taken note that there people who think Frazier has the necessary qualities to be a good head coach.

It holds true of Levy too, but Marchibroda basically gave Kelly the helm, sat back, and enjoyed the show.

Yet Marchibroda took over a horrible Colts team and had them one pass drop away from going to the SB in 1995. Go figure. Not to mention his Colts teams in the 1970s ...

We have a lot of good posters here no question, but one had to ask themselves this:

With all the incredible negativity that shows on this board from time to time, do we think that other fans sites are any different?

I do not think message boards are the best tool to determine a coach's worth or potential.

I know nothing about this guy Frazier, so my opinion means little, but every photograph I see of him reminds me of that deer-in-the-headlights look of Jauron.

REALLY??? Okay I'm convinced now he sucks. Deer-in-the-headlights, huh? Every time? Damn and I was all excited to have him too.

PTR

Whats up with their forums? Its hurts my eyes. Had to close it

What are they saying?

something about you changing you avitar frequently, i think. That or they remarking on how Chilly looks like that he should be on Lucky Charm commercials. Its hard to make out.