Mort says Pete Carroll to Seahawks

FluffHead

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lori, would you mind explaining? This is the first I have heard about this

It has long been rumored that USC has committed a ton of recruiting violations in both BBall and Football. Maybe Carroll knows the program is about to get slammed so he is going to get out.

USC is under a lot of investigations. Tim Floyd got canned as hoops coach. Reggie Bush's parents got a free house or something. All kinds of payoffs it seems............It's very easy to find this info. Looks like Carroll is taking a page from John Calipari's playbook.

So you would leave Southern California where it's warm and beautiful for Seattle where it rains 50% or is at the very least outcast most of the time? Would you leave a profession where you were at the top amongst your colleges for one where you were bottom? How about trading being the big man on campus for be heavily scrutinized every week? I doubt money is really an issue for Carroll though I may be wrong, so what reason would YOU make the switch? Would it be for for the challenge? I love a good challenge especially professionally but the negatives far outweigh the positives from where I sit. If Carroll sees it differently then yes, to me he is a moron.

1. First off, the weather being a factor? ummm ok. I'd have to say that is way down on his factors of considerations list. :thumbsup:

The second point you make is a valid one, and would definitely be the most difficult thing for him to give up.

Being the big man on campus argument would only apply to a guy that needs to have his ego inflated every day, maybe this is the case maybe not, but if he takes the job with Seattle then I don't see this being an issue, correct?

Money is just about always a factor, maybe not the most important factor, but always a factor.

The Challenge, yes the challenge. He had a subpar experience as NFL headcoach and he's achieved alot at USC, so this could be a major factor for someone that wants to be successful on all levels. How important is this for him? I don't know, but if he takes the job, than I would have to say it was pretty !@#$ing important. Agree?

All I can say is, THANK GOD the Bills are not the ones pursuing Carroll. I've been waiting for his return to the NFL to expose him (again) for the horrible coach that he is. His tenure in New England was a complete joke, and he has benefitted at USC from having the easiest recruiting situation in college football. Carroll will fail in Seattle just like he did in New England.

(As a somewhat related aside, does anyone else think that Carson Palmer has become the new Drew Bledsoe?)

Can someone please direct me to the post that explains why a shakeup is about to happen at USC and what exactly happened??

This Bill Plaschke column is a good place to begin:

USC takes action on basketball, waits to see reaction

Oh, and then there's this from last week: Court ruling in Reggie Bush case could lead to depositions

And this: Without saying anything, USC says plenty about what the McKnight case means

Why is everyone so hung up about people starting new threads about previously discussed issues? Do you really think people are going to search everytime they want to bring up a subject? Cant you just ignore it? It takes more energy to criticize people then it does to just ignore it. You're never going to stop it and it's only going to get worse as the team goes through this reorg. If you think about it, EVERY conceivable topic has already been posted at one time or another. Do you honestly believe that people are going to bother? C'mon. Either add something constructive (even if it has been brought up before) or just ignore it. Life's too short.

Thanks Lori!!!

Are you saying you want Palmer as our QB?

No.

I'm saying he's the new immobile, big-armed, small-headed QB who can't win the big game but puts up tons of passing stats. Coach killer. Just wait until the Bengals' early exit tomorrow - the columns will start being written questioning Palmer's abilities.

1. First off, the weather being a factor? ummm ok. I'd have to say that is way down on his factors of considerations list. :thumbsup:

The second point you make is a valid one, and would definitely be the most difficult thing for him to give up.

Being the big man on campus argument would only apply to a guy that needs to have his ego inflated every day, maybe this is the case maybe not, but if he takes the job with Seattle then I don't see this being an issue, correct?

Money is just about always a factor, maybe not the most important factor, but always a factor.

The Challenge, yes the challenge. He had a subpar experience as NFL headcoach and he's achieved alot at USC, so this could be a major factor for someone that wants to be successful on all levels. How important is this for him? I don't know, but if he takes the job, than I would have to say it was pretty !@#$ing important. Agree?

No I don't because you're basing your arguments on whether he takes the job where I am just simply bringing up the arguments. If he takes the job I'll agree but until then I think it's a dumb move ESPECIALLY since he failed at it once already.

Considering the NCAA's recent interest in USC regarding the time Reggie Bush and O.J. Mayo spent there, one wonders if a sizable shoe is about to drop ...

Recent?

Didn't the Reggie Bush part start 3-4 years ago?

Edit: just read one of Lori's links. The NCAA has been aware now for almost 4 years.

Edited by Cynical