Frazier interviewing with Seattle. Or not. Or he is after all.

dgrid

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats what a Seattle front office person told Mortenson according to him when he was on ESPN a little while ago

You're not understanding my point. I don't doubt that this was cited as his excuse, I doubt that it is in reality his excuse.

I just don't see the draw, I simply don't. I know it's been argued to death over the last week, but when I look at Frazier I still see the amazing talent he has on Defense and think that any competent coach could put together a Top 10 Defense in Minnesota.

Plus, the fact that Marvin Lewis didn't think enough of him to retain him makes me very nervous.

If someone could sell me on him, I obviously would be willing to listen with an open mind.

Good points. Ithink Perry would have been just as good a choice. Bring Back Perry , If this is where we are headed.

Maybe Coach Frazier felt as if the Bills only gave him the interview to meet the Rooney rule which is why he is reported to be declining at this time any Seattle Seahawks overture. I know we can respond that we already met the Rooney requirement with interviewing Fewell, I think the Perry Fewell interview was conducted out of respect for his contribution to the Bills.

Maybe Coach Frazier felt as if the Bills only gave him the interview to meet the Rooney rule which is why he is reported to be declining at this time any Seattle Seahawks overture. I know we can respond that we already met the Rooney requirement with interviewing Fewell, I think the Perry Fewell interview was conducted out of respect for his contribution to the Bills.

That doesn't make any sense. Regardless of why Fewell was interviewed by the Bills, the Rooney Rule was at that point satisfied. Interviewing Frazier does not satisfy the Rooney Rule for the Bills.

Well Leslie Frazier DOES meet Buddy Nix's requirement of having previous head coaching experience...

He was the first HC for 9 years for Trinity College (now Trinity International University) and built the football program from nothing. Anybody have insight as to how successful he was there?

Well Leslie Frazier DOES meet Buddy Nix's requirement of having previous head coaching experience...

He was the first HC for 9 years for Trinity College (now Trinity International University) and built the football program from nothing. Anybody have insight as to how successful he was there?

To put it frankly, the Trinity gig was so meaningless, that his promotion from there was DB's coach at University of Illinois.

Essentially, DB's coach for an average NCAA football team > headcoach of "Trinity".

I just don't see the draw, I simply don't. I know it's been argued to death over the last week, but when I look at Frazier I still see the amazing talent he has on Defense and think that any competent coach could put together a Top 10 Defense in Minnesota.

Plus, the fact that Marvin Lewis didn't think enough of him to retain him makes me very nervous.

If someone could sell me on him, I obviously would be willing to listen with an open mind.

Frazier isn't my first choice for head coach. But I think you are selling him a little short. The Vikes have been the #1 run defense in a row like 4 straight years. The DC is definitely a huge part of selecting the talent to go on those teams. Frazier supposedly was the one who pushed to get Allen. Additionally, the Vikes have hit homeruns on a lot of defensive players in the draft (Williams, Greenway, Henderson, Edwards). I have to believe Frazier is a big part of that process.

Additionally, and people I think miss this, the main job of the head coach is oversee everything. Frazier doesn't have to be great at offense or STs. He has to get the right guys for the job. Dungy was a good head coach because he got the right guys and let them do their jobs. Jauron's main problem was the he trusted the wrong people and first time coordinators. If Frazier does have a serious plan with guys he can get on board, I'm sure the Bills would be impressed.

Again, I'm still hoping for Cowher because he is proven. But the bottomline is nothing is guaranteed. So I'll be disppointed if we don't get the Chin and Frazier instead. However, for better or worse (and it's been for worse), I'll give the chosen guy a chance to prove themselves beofre saying I will never be a Bills fan again.

I only had to read the first 3 posts to know that I don't need to read the rest. Apparently he "only wins because he has good players." You could literally say that about every winning coach in the league.

You know this guy is one of the most highly regarded Coordinators in the league right?

All of you Cowher or bust people are retarded.

But why are people bumming of Frazier? He is considered an excellent candidate. He's not another meathead Mullarkey. I get it. We all want Cowher. Well what do we do if Cowher says no?

PTR

We all go on baseless rants that the Bills are a joke and Ralph is too cheap to hire anyone good. The HC search was all just a farce to try and sell tickets. Nothing will ever change because Ralph is the Ralph for Ralph's Ralph, Ralph.

Haven't you been paying attention for the last few years?