Wonder what the establishment GOP thinks of this?

Isn't shouting down people at meetings a traditional left-wing tactic? Why is the tactic a problem now?

The left rarely shouts. There is little passion on that side. I listen to Air America from time to time to hear the other side of the story. Ever listen to Ron Reagan and Bill Press? My god if you're driving in the car while listening those two and their guests will have you asleep in minutes.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not letting you off the hook that easy. You stated " millions of Americans will never be able to see a doctor for a check up. Evil." Now you're saying it's racist? I say bullshyt. People expecting free coverage is the problem. It's never free. Someone has to pay for it.

Polls show that most Americans want reform. The disagreement is how to do it. The Democrats in Congress want and are supporting a program that:

1. Allows the government to tax some people in order pay for others

2. Allows them to control the level of benefits people recieve

3. Forces business to fund health care benefits or be taxed

4. Is not deficit neutral even with tax increases and creates another expensive entitlement program

5. Cuts Medicare

6. Expands Medicaid meaning unfunded mandates to the states

7. Does not reduce health care costs as per CBO estimates

8. Is being rushed through the process regardless of the genuine concerns being raised

Tell me why you or anyone else should support this? You don't think these are real concerns? You think this is the best way to solve the problem?

Nope. As I said, you people will move along and start barking at something once this is passed and basically forget about it.

Mark my words on that.

BTW, I think its funny you think a problem with this is that it cuts Medicare, lol

Nope. As I said, you people will move along and start barking at something once this is passed and basically forget about it.

I've been trying to reserve my judgement...but I have to face facts; you really are a partisan idiot.

BTW, I think its funny you think a problem with this is that it cuts Medicare, lol

That is pretty funny, though.

Funny that people who are against socialized medicine are bitching about cuts to a socialized medical program.

You're right it is, but when it is justified to cut "waste" to pay for the "Health Reform Bill", so it meets the presidents criteria as being "Deficit Neutral", then it becomes criminally hysterical.

Mark my words on that.

I won't refer to you as "you people" because I truly hope that you are a one-of-a-kind. Nuts!

Yes, YOU did. After the fact. Not the morons shouting down whatever at town hall meeting. That's my point. It's post-hoc rationalization for childish behavior. Also, nobody is paying attention outside of the "movement". Good luck with that.

Poor Gene...he is confused once again. Gene can't read this, but somebody should tell him that "nobody paying attention" is the not the same thing as the media sticking its head in the sand, and only 20% of the country doing its level best to wish the teabaggers away.

Um, no, Gene, the Teabaggers have ALREADY had significant quantifiable impact on elections, and that impact is continuing to occur, for example, in the Republican primary in Florida. Rubio is the tea party guy, and he is beating the "establishment" Republican by 8 points.....

I keep telling Gene to stop trying to play the "high minded intellectual"...because he keeps getting himself entangled by the facts. He's better off sticking to mindless name calling, that is more his speed.

Isn't shouting down people at meetings a traditional left-wing tactic? Why is the tactic a problem now?

...and pie throwing, don't forget pie throwing. :D