Wonder what the establishment GOP thinks of this?

Tea bagging in Nashville with Sarah Palin

http://www.surgeusa.org/actions/tea/nashville.htm

I know the GOP has been doing all in its power to:

* Make sure millions of Americans will never be able to see a doctor for a check up. Evil?

* Ensure there is more dirty air by opposing cap and trade

* I imagine they will be against any financial regulations, even though the system just melted down--I know, I know, it was all gay Barney, big government and the poor blacks fault :unsure: Gotta love the GOP argument there! Gays, blacks and bureaucrats, oh my!

* Anything else Obama does, unless its spending more on wars

But, will this be enough to appease these tea baggers? Will they challange any incumbanents like they did in the House race in New York?

The GOP has eough problems already without the fire in their rear.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tea bagging in Nashville with Sarah Palin

http://www.surgeusa.org/actions/tea/nashville.htm

I know the GOP has been doing all in its power to:

* Make sure millions of Americans will never be able to see a doctor for a check up. Evil?

* Ensure there is more dirty air by opposing cap and trade

* I imagine they will be against any financial regulations, even though the system just melted down--I know, I know, it was all gay Barney, big government and the poor blacks fault :w00t: Gotta love the GOP argument there! Gays, blacks and bureaucrats, oh my!

* Anything else Obama does, unless its spending more on wars

But, will this be enough to appease these tea baggers? Will they challange any incumbanents like they did in the House race in New York?

The GOP has eough problems already without the fire in their rear.

Did you know that anyone can go to the doctor for a checkup and write a check on the way out the door? That's how my Mom did it when we were kids and frankly how everyone should do it. Part of what's wrong with our health care system is all the $100 claims that are processed. Ridiculous.

I wonder how many insurance plans are "Cadillac."

Im thinking moire or less ALL of them. I know deductables differ from plan to plan, but I dont know of a health plan that doesnt cover more or less everything. Im thinking even using the term "Cadillac" is a bit of a ruse to get the middle class to think that this tax on these "Cadillac" plans wont effect them....becuase the middle class doesnt drive Caddys. But in fact, having strong, full coverage plans are the hallmark of anyone *I* know who has a job....white, blue or any other color collar.

Dave, remember...it's really important that you keep calling them teabaggers. Really important. That makes them want to hide or go away.

Keep up the good fight, Dave. You're a fresh voice in a sea of drones.

A teabagger by any other name still has his balls on your nose.

A teabagger by any other name still has his balls on your nose.

Outstanding job, Gene. Keep up the work. This is just the kind of genius that is going to make these people cower and hide. Plus, now that everyone is finding employment again, who has time to protest???

No, wait...my bad. Where were we? Oh, right. You were talking about nutsacks again.

I wonder how many insurance plans are "Cadillac."

Im thinking moire or less ALL of them. I know deductables differ from plan to plan, but I dont know of a health plan that doesnt cover more or less everything. Im thinking even using the term "Cadillac" is a bit of a ruse to get the middle class to think that this tax on these "Cadillac" plans wont effect them....becuase the middle class doesnt drive Caddys. But in fact, having strong, full coverage plans are the hallmark of anyone *I* know who has a job....white, blue or any other color collar.

The term "Cadillac" Plan will have a defined way to measure it, based on the value of the annual premium. I believe the number they are talking about is $8500 per individual and $23,000 per family. Usually they are high end plans that have low deductibles with excellent coverage, and I believe that the average family plan that was offered by most employers last year was around $13,000 a year, so there is a considerable difference.

Outstanding job, Gene. Keep up the work. This is just the kind of genius that is going to make these people cower and hide. Plus, now that everyone is finding employment again, who has time to protest???

No, wait...my bad. Where were we? Oh, right. You were talking about nutsacks again.

It continues to amaze me how badly you want this "movement" to be successful. At times you seem much too intelligent to align yourself with these low-information imbeciles, but perception is not always reality.

It continues to amaze me how badly you want this "movement" to be successful. At times you seem much too intelligent to align yourself with these low-information imbeciles, but perception is not always reality.

Youre right...perception is NOT always reality.

SO TELL YOUR !@#$ING HEROES IN THE WHITE HOUSE AND CONGRESS TO PROPERLY DESCRIBE WHAT THE !@#$ THEY ARE DOING.

MAYBE if those "imbeciles" were provided with an open an honest account of what the health plan is all about and what it will TRULY mean to them, financially and in terms of care, instead of the generalities they have been given...maybe if Barry the magic big eared wonder KEPT to his promise of an "open discussion" of the plan's negotiations instead of kowtowing to Botox Bimbo's and Dingy Harry's demand for closed door meetings, people whould not be scared off their ass to the point of doing something they have never even dreamed of doing like jumping a bus and going to a protest in DC.

I know some folks who have gone to the rallies. I do think some of what they think is good ole American overreaction to a percieved threat that may or may NOT exsist. But I also know they arent going becuase they belong to a party or becuase they dislike Obama. Or as you love to think...are "racist." They arent even into politics or causes. Some of them VOTED for Obama. They are motived to go becuase they are absolutely scared shitless becuase they are in their older years, need good med coverage and have no idea what kind of care they will get under this plan or what it will cost them...BECAUSE YOUR BOYS AND GIRLS IN DC WONT OPEN UP AND CLEARLY TELL THEM.

So get off your !@#$ing high horse and have some of that "open debate" you pride yourself in THINKING is a hallmark of your ideology.

Having attended some tea party gatherings, and met with countless of these people, I am absolutely fascinated by one very simple fact: the left couldn't be more wrong about this if it was a stimulus bill; not just in terms of how serious these people are, but in the way the left is dealing with them.

Completely missing the boat.

Whether it's Tingles continually (and incorrectly) telling everyone that tea party folks are exclusively white (as if a black person other than Obama's next of kin watch his show), or the left calling them names, or suggesting it's part of a great GOP/Fox conspiracy...it's wrong. All wrong. And while I will easily admit if I'm wrong about this, I believe the collective organization of the tea party folks is going to help deliver the Dems embarrassingly crushing blows in November beyond anything anyone can predict.

Guys like you think these are just a bunch of idiots carrying signs of Obama as Hitler, and most of you are stupid enough to think those are really the protesters and not the LaRouche folks, so you have this false belief that the world thinks these people are crazy. And to some extent, they are. They're crazy enough not to care what libs like you think of them, partly because the more time passes, the more the Obama folks get disenchanted with what they voted for, and find themselves talking to a tea party person. What's even more interesting is that these people, like myself, realize that you just can't shout a slogan and carry a sign. They have to educate themselves about the economy, and the constitution, and earmarks and lobbyists and all the other corrupt crap DC has been getting away with for all these years, and that's what many of these folks are doing now that Rahm and Obama have this idiocy on steroids.

The other thing the left is wrong about, and the right is starting to figure out, is that these people are not just Republicans. And they're just not after the left. They're after every career politician who doesn't look after the best interests of their constituents.

The left thought they had it figured out, but they were old-school wrong much like Hillary was old-school wrong about Obama's campaign, and as odd as this may sound, it keeps reminding me of a scene in "Happy Gilmore" where Adam Sandler's character looks at his competitor and says "Uh-oh. Happy learned how to putt."

So keep laughing. Keep name-calling. It's all you've got right now, so you may as well stick with it. Unless you can figure out how to make the unemployment rate drop significantly between now and November. Hey...maybe another stimulus bill will do the trick! Or a jobs bill! That'll make the tea party folks shut up. :w00t::lol:

There you go again , Good Ol Gene with his ignorant generalizations. :w00t:

I guess it beats better than the unpatriotic Libs who don't care about America.

How's that for ya?

:lol:

Did you know that anyone can go to the doctor for a checkup and write a check on the way out the door? That's how my Mom did it when we were kids and frankly how everyone should do it. Part of what's wrong with our health care system is all the $100 claims that are processed. Ridiculous.

I actually don't care about that. All I know is that this bill will extend coverage to people that can't afford to go now. I know people that can't go. I just look at all the excuses being made to try and stop that is all so much partisan, ideological and even racist clap trap. After this is passed the outrage crowd will completely forget about it--just like the anti-medicare crowd of the 1960's did--and move on to the next thing that will "destroy our freedoms" and yelp and bark about that. So be it

I seem to have hit a nerve. You jackasses sure seem passionate at least, kind of like rabid football fans.

I think that all you need to know about the Teabag "movement" is their favorite tactic of shouting down anyone who doesn't agree with what they are saying. There is no expressed logic or reason to their protest. They simply don't like the president and have very public temper tantrums to convey this fact. Then you brainiacs come to the rescue with post-hoc rationalizations as to why these retards are acting like children. In the end, it really amount to nothing more than towing the party line, which is fine. It would just be nice if real debate was being employed instead of these silly tactics. I doubt many independents are swayed by such childish behavior. It does little to convince anyone who is not pre-convinced.

Guys like you think these are just a bunch of idiots carrying signs of Obama as Hitler, and most of you are stupid enough to think those are really the protesters and not the LaRouche folks, so you have this false belief that the world thinks these people are crazy. And to some extent, they are. They're crazy enough not to care what libs like you think of them, partly because the more time passes, the more the Obama folks get disenchanted with what they voted for, and find themselves talking to a tea party person. What's even more interesting is that these people, like myself, realize that you just can't shout a slogan and carry a sign. They have to educate themselves about the economy, and the constitution, and earmarks and lobbyists and all the other corrupt crap DC has been getting away with for all these years, and that's what many of these folks are doing now that Rahm and Obama have this idiocy on steroids.

Dude, you are DEAD ON with that last point about getting educated. I left that out of my rant.

Sometimes these folks are getting their info with a bit too much of the "red meat" type of stuff (see: Coulter, Ann and Limbaugh, Rush). But they are in at least a basic way tuning in, picking up books and getting info about what goes down with our decision makers and legislators in DC. And they are NOT digging it one little bit.

There you go again , Good Ol Gene with his ignorant generalizations. :w00t:

I guess it beats better than the unpatriotic Libs who don't care about America.

How's that for ya?

0:)

If you were a true patriot you would support the office of president, right? :lol:

Funking hypocrites! :lol:

I seem to have hit a nerve. You jackasses sure seem passionate at least, kind of like rabid football fans.

I think that all you need to know about the Teabag "movement" is their favorite tactic of shouting down anyone who doesn't agree with what they are saying. There is no expressed logic or reason to their protest. They simply don't like the president and have very public temper tantrums to convey this fact. Then you brainiacs come to the rescue with post-hoc rationalizations as to why these retards are acting like children. In the end, it really amount to nothing more than towing the party line, which is fine. It would just be nice if real debate was being employed instead of these silly tactics. I doubt many independents are swayed by such childish behavior. It does little to convince anyone who is not pre-convinced.

Its like raaaaaaaaiinnnnnn....on yer wedding day!!!!!!!

Sing it with me.

We tried to give you some of the logic and reason behind the movement, you dumbass and instead you shut your ears and pounded out THIS bull ****? Good grief.

Seriously, Gene...agree wit hwhat we told you or not.....to really think what you just wrote, especially in light of a few attempts to explain it all to you, is just the absolute HEIGHT of ignorance.

Its like raaaaaaaaiinnnnnn....on yer wedding day!!!!!!!

Sing it with me.

We tried to give you some of the logic and reason behind the movement, you dumbass and instead you shut your ears and pounded out THIS bull ****? Good grief.

Seriously, Gene...to really think what you just said, especially in light of a few attempts to explain it all to you, is just the absolute HEIGHT of ignorance.

Yes, YOU did. After the fact. Not the morons shouting down whatever at town hall meeting. That's my point. It's post-hoc rationalization for childish behavior. Also, nobody is paying attention outside of the "movement". Good luck with that.