Dear Bama Fans

Chilly

Congratulations! I can only reminisce of the way I felt in 2005 right now, being a UT student and having Vince Young win the national championship. It's the greatest feeling in the world to be the undisputed national champions, and you guys are it. I hope you have a better night than I did though back in '05, I woke up to puke all over my uncle and aunt's bathroom. :w00t:

Seriously though, congrats. You guys played a heck of a football game, and without a doubt deserve to be a national champion. I only hope that at some point in the future, we get to meet up, and Garrett Gilbert will get to extract his revenge. I think he'll be a star, given the time! :unsure:

Again, congrats on the 2010 national championship! There isn't a better feeling in the entire world!

P.S. Thanks to the Bills for helping me to prepare for heartbreaking losses like this. :huh:

Enjoy Cynical and Bill! This is your time!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations! I can only reminisce of the way I felt in 2005 right now, being a UT student and having Vince Young win the national championship. It's the greatest feeling in the world to be the undisputed national champions, and you guys are it. I hope you have a better night than I did though back in '05, I woke up to puke all over my uncle and aunt's bathroom. :w00t:

Seriously though, congrats. You guys played a heck of a football game, and without a doubt deserve to be a national champion. I only hope that at some point in the future, we get to meet up, and Garrett Gilbert will get to extract his revenge. I think he'll be a star, given the time! :unsure:

Again, congrats on the 2010 national championship! There isn't a better feeling in the entire world!

P.S. Thanks to the Bills for helping me to prepare for heartbreaking losses like this. :huh:

What does this have to do with Bill Cowher?

Congratulations! I can only reminisce of the way I felt in 2005 right now, being a UT student and having Vince Young win the national championship. It's the greatest feeling in the world to be the undisputed national champions, and you guys are it. I hope you have a better night than I did though back in '05, I woke up to puke all over my uncle and aunt's bathroom. :unsure:

You're talking to alabama fans here...they care little about whether the title is "undisputed" or not. :w00t:

I keed, I keed...sort of.

Congrats to Alabama and a miraculous turnaround that I don't think anyone could have possibly predicted. And the future looks very bright in Tuscaloosa.

Although a Texas comeback would have been one for the ages...

You're talking to alabama fans here...they care little about whether the title is "undisputed" or not. :w00t:

lol!

Congrats to Alabama and a miraculous turnaround that I don't think anyone could have possibly predicted. And the future looks very bright in Tuscaloosa.

Although a Texas comeback would have been one for the ages...

Man, I wouldn't be surprised if in 2 years these two teams meet again. Richardson has the ability to carry that team like Ingram did, and our team + probably the best rookie class in the country is going to be crazy.

We're looking at two of the premier programs over the next few years. Its exciting :unsure:

Thank you.

If Gilbert continues to build off his play tonight, Gilbert will be a star.

That will topped when the Bills win the SB. Then we ALL can celebrate.

Props to Brown and Longhorns for refusing to quit.

The class of this post doesn't surprise me a bit. Thanks, and I hope the kid is OK.

Congratulations Alabama, you earned it and deserve it.

I do have to tip my hat to Texas. I honestly thought that tonight's game was going to be a one sided affair and that Alabama would crush Texas. At halftime it looked like the rout was on. But you have to give a lot of credit to Mack Brown for getting the Longhorns focused and showing a lot of guts without their star QB. Let's not forget the play of Gilbert and Jordan Shipley, together they came so close to pulling off an unlikely comeback.

Still you can't take anything away from Alabama tonight, they've been playing hard-nosed football all year and tonight they showed that they are the best team in college football. The scary thing is this might not be the only time we see the Crimson Tide at this level of performance.

As a Michigan fan I am always hoping the Big 10 can show it's toughness, but in the end the SEC is still the toughest, and most dominant conference in college football.

And just to get all you college fans excited for next season, mark this date down:

9/11/10

Alabama Vs. Penn State

That will definitely be one of the more exciting match-ups next year, and in 2011 when Alabama travels to Happy Valley.

Can't wait to see what happens next season.

I can't imagine that Colt McCoy playing the entire game would have changed the outcome.

Did McElroy even complete a pass? He's a great hander-offer!

McCoy might have made a difference, but I felt like Alabama went WAAAAY too conservative in the 2nd half. If the game was close I think we would have seen a more creative offense. Alabama came from behind a few times this year; under pressure McELroy always played lights out.

Side note, my wife and I met at UA in 1992, the year of the last national championship. Damn I'm getting old.

Hey Fellow Big 12 Brother, Sorry for the loss but you have nothing to hang your head over. Had sissyboy not left the game, you win that one.

Congrats on a great season. Oh and if the 2nd half is any indication you are in good hands with that freshman QB of yours

McCoy might have made a difference, but I felt like Alabama went WAAAAY too conservative in the 2nd half. If the game was close I think we would have seen a more creative offense. Alabama came from behind a few times this year; under pressure McELroy always played lights out.

Side note, my wife and I met at UA in 1992, the year of the last national championship. Damn I'm getting old.

McElroy had two completions, two incomplete passes and 4 sacks----that was in the first half!

He holds onto the ball a long time on those sacks.....

Congrats to Alabama on winning the Bogus Championship Series.

No ill intent to anyone, but that 'system' is a joke.

Bama is the Champ, props to them & they likely would have been under a playoff system but we'll never know.

BTW--what kind of series is it when teams play each other once?

Congrats to Alabama on winning the Bogus Championship Series.

No ill intent to anyone, but that 'system' is a joke.

Bama is the Champ, props to them & they likely would have been under a playoff system but we'll never know.

BTW--what kind of series is it when teams play each other once?

I am fairly confident the BCS got it right this year. Bama was the best team. I really do not think Boise St would come within 2 tds if they played Alabama. As far Colt Mccoy goes, I really do not think it would change the outcome if he played. I mostly feel bad for him though, he is one of the true competitors & a class act & it must of killed him to be sitting on the sidelines not being on the field. The one hope Texas had of winning this game I thought was if Mccoy had the game of his life, kinda like Vince Young did in 2005. It is a shame his college career had to end like that.

The conservative play calling may have been due to McElroy. Turns out he played with cracked ribs sustained in the SEC Championship game.

Linky

Also explains why his play was off.