Bills not going anywhere

Munch

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4805579

Schumer: Bills not eyeing relocation

BUFFALO, N.Y. -- U.S. Sen. Charles Schumer has been reassured by Bills owner Ralph Wilson that he has no intention of entertaining offers to relocate the team to Los Angeles.

In a statement released Thursday, the New York Democrat said Wilson told him by phone that he's had no contact with a real estate firm seeking to lure a team to L.A. Even if contacted, Wilson would have "absolutely no consideration of entertaining" any offers, Schumer said.

This week, Majestic Realty Co. targeted as many as seven NFL franchises -- including the Bills -- as potential candidates to play in a new stadium some 25 miles east of Los Angeles.

The Bills have secured their hold in western New York by signing a $78 million deal to play annual games in Toronto.

Sorry LA!

Yourealize RW is 91, right?

He never will seek to relocate, that is clear.

It is not him I am worried about, it is the after RW era that concerns.

I may not always agree with Schumer, but I LOVE that he continually goes to bat for Buffalo Bills fans. He also gave a great speech at my college graduation ceremony.

That is very naive, IMO. Wait until RW passes, see if Chuck can live uyp his big talk then. My thought is that someone will throw him a political bone, some project he wants funded attached to some bill, and he will trade that for his support of keeping the Bills in Buffalo.

Schumer is a politician, he does not give a rats ass about Buffalo or the Bills or in fact anyone except Chuckie himself.

I got a feeling Jimbo is gonna be the owner once Ralph is gone. He has been around alot lately...maybe learning the ropes from Ralphie a little bit? We will see in the near future.

He has the will, the knowledge, the loyalty to Buffalo, Jimbo has it all.

Just missing a billion dollars.

I got a feeling Jimbo is gonna be the owner once Ralph is gone. He has been around alot lately...maybe learning the ropes from Ralphie a little bit? We will see in the near future.

Jimbo does not have the $$$ to be a major owner. He may be a minority in ownership but a major role in the team staying in Buffalo.

This brings up an interesting point. The other major sports leagues, like the NBA, are starting to see player ownership. While it's true that players have a very small interest percentage-wise, that could change as time goes by.

I wonder if any former NFL players have some "chips" in with any teams.

I am starting to believe that there is some deal that is in place to keep the team right where it is. Whether it is Jim Kelly and a group of deep pockets or the Jacobs. I just think that Ralph Wilson doesn't like to talk about it anymore than you or I would like to publicly talk about life after we pass on.

The way Jim Kelly talks confidently about the team going nowhere and is really starting to get much more vocal in his opinions leads me to believe he knows something. I am sure any deal is being kept under strict lock and key.

Just musing, of course.