Green Day sellout is complete

Kinda like an XTC song

I'm amused as hell that you still care enough to respond to 11 pages. Do expect me to have an epiphany and come to my senses somehow? I get to talk about my favorite band....what do you guys get out of it? Talk about continuing to feed the trolls! :thumbsup:

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put your money where your mouth is

That is what I asked you to do. Sorry that it was too difficult.

Talk is cheap

Obviously. You have been doing a whole lot of talking with no substance.

You need better ears, plain and simple. That Rundgren even agreed to work with them in the first place should be a giant neon sign over your head and speak volumes to you. God you are dense and lack depth...

Yeah Todd needed the money. :thumbsup:

BE: And as far as XTC’s Skylarking, did you feel any sense of vindication when Andy Partridge finally conceded that, for all the personality conflicts, the album turned out really well?

TR: Well, I’ve heard…but in the big picture, that realization probably came too late. Because now, as I understand it, there isn’t even an XTC any longer. Dave Gregory left, and now I believe that Andy and Colin have pretty much stopped working together. It was a difficult record to make, and while Andy and I had some conflicts, we did manage to get through the project; most of the acrimony came out after we were done, so it didn’t affect the quality of the record. But, of course, it did affect Andy’s attitude…and it certainly affected mine. I couldn’t listen to XTC again after that!

Smart man. :worthy:

Tell ya what crackerjack, I'll post 5 songs for you if you post yourself playing them on Youtube. Why don't you listen to your own community? Go to your bass forums and mention Moulding.. You still have not listed your influences like I asked you to.

My God, for a bunch of people who think that they hate XTC, you sure refuse to just let this thread die away. No matter, keep it coming! More exposure for my Faves!

I've never even heard XTC. But I hate 'em now. Just from reading your bull ****.

That is what I asked you to do. Sorry that it was too difficult.

Obviously. You have been doing a whole lot of talking with no substance.

What's the matter K? Scared to death to post on Youtube? Agree to my request and I will gladly release five songs for you....till then you are a fraud.

Yeah Todd needed the money. :thumbsup:

BE: And as far as XTC’s Skylarking, did you feel any sense of vindication when Andy Partridge finally conceded that, for all the personality conflicts, the album turned out really well?

TR: Well, I’ve heard…but in the big picture, that realization probably came too late. Because now, as I understand it, there isn’t even an XTC any longer. Dave Gregory left, and now I believe that Andy and Colin have pretty much stopped working together. It was a difficult record to make, and while Andy and I had some conflicts, we did manage to get through the project; most of the acrimony came out after we were done, so it didn’t affect the quality of the record. But, of course, it did affect Andy’s attitude…and it certainly affected mine. I couldn’t listen to XTC again after that!

Smart man. :worthy:

Hope you never ever have a "falling out" with someone in your life Chef. Again, TR thought enough of XTC to produce Skylarking in the first place. Why don't you do yourself a big ol' favor and pick up a copy of Skylarking?

There, fixed that for you.

You're not a very good troll, are you? You can't prove your point, so you try to deflect away from proving your point by trying to make it about me.

Sad, really.

KRC-lost count

XTC-0

You're not a very good troll, are you? You can't prove your point, so you try to deflect away from proving your point by trying to make it about me.

Sad, really.

KRC-lost count

XTC-0

Obviously good enough to keep you hanging around, begging at my feet....you and your silly scorecard. :thumbsup:

Fraud.

Hope you never ever have a "falling out" with someone in your life Chef. Again, TR thought enough of XTC to produce Skylarking in the first place. Why don't you do yourself a big ol' favor and pick up a copy of Skylarking?

Is the best or worst song on the album? It's pretty crappy IN MY OPINION.

Oh BTW I love this quote regarding TR during the recording session.

"(Rundgren) was so bloody sarcastic, which is rare with Americans. He's got it down to an extremely cruel art. He'd ask how you were going to do the vocals and you would stand in front of the mic and do one run through to clear your throat and he'd say, 'That was crap. I'll come down and I'll record me singing it and you can have me in your headphones to sing along to.' I just thought it was so insulting."

Very smart man that Todd Rundgren. :thumbsup:

Obviously good enough to keep you hanging around, begging at my feet....you and your silly scorecard. :thumbsup:

Fraud.

Still can't do it, huh? No problem. I've wasted enough time with you. You are now boring me.

I will let you have the last word, since you obviously need it for your ego. Try not to screw it up, like you have the rest of this thread.

Is the best or worst song on the album? It's pretty crappy IN MY OPINION.

Oh BTW I love this quote regarding TR during the recording session.

"(Rundgren) was so bloody sarcastic, which is rare with Americans. He's got it down to an extremely cruel art. He'd ask how you were going to do the vocals and you would stand in front of the mic and do one run through to clear your throat and he'd say, 'That was crap. I'll come down and I'll record me singing it and you can have me in your headphones to sing along to.' I just thought it was so insulting."

Very smart man that Todd Rundgren. :thumbsup:

For a man who "hates XTC" you sure do spend a bunch of time researching them. Come on over to the dark side old boy, I feel your strength is failing you...you might just give in before the day is done!

Sounds like in retrospect, Todd thinks he made a bad decision. Even he couldn't raise XTC from its middling new wave place to a real band.