Green Day sellout is complete

Chef man, you are scream! A total scab picker who battles to the bitter end...when others let a thread quietly die, you are just beginning to carry the flag. You have helped me wave that flag for XTC for about six pages now, and for that I thank you. I held out playing the "Beatle card" because I had a feeling what your answer would be...

I love boys like you who say "my band could have played circles around those guys"--uh...huh. :thumbsup: Your ignorance is showing.

Yep! I'm positive that you could have written something that would make a label hang on to you for a couple of decades. Just because you don't like something, that doesn't mean it is garbage.

Sorry but when you posted that clip, I knew I was going to have to yank your fat behind out onto the carpet. Bottom line, you started this whole thing by implying that XTC could not hold a guitar properly, your buddy GG doomed your argument by posting the writeup that he did. Guess what? Profesional opinion says: XTC-1 Chef-0

Game over for you.

Interesting through this whole "conversation" you have never once understood my point.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting through this whole "conversation" you have never once understood my point.

Yep, I understood your point perfectly Chef. You said that XTC is an terrible product, questioning their musicianship, and then you went on to post footage video that was clearly meant for the enjoyment of hardcore XTC fans only. GG then sunk your argument for you, blame him not me. The fact is, XTC is very respected in the only circles that matter....the circle of other "signed" artists, something that you and KRC know nothing about.

Yep, I understood your point perfectly Chef. You said that XTC is an terrible product, questioning their musicianship, and then you went on to post footage video that was clearly meant for the enjoyment of hardcore XTC fans only. GG then sunk your argument for you, blame him not me. The fact is, XTC is very respected in the only circles that matter....the circle of other "signed" artists, something that you and KRC know nothing about.

I apologize for making you prove your point. I seriously didn't know that it was going to be that difficult for you.

I do not ram anything, I asked them to do me a favor and NOT listen. They are the ones who insist on keeping this thread alive! They keep pulling quotes and listening to XTC themselves, THEY are the ones who can't let it go. All in all very flattering. :thumbsup:

See this is where you lose all credibility. You said XTC is the greatest band ever. Ok, I'm game I like all kinds of music I'll seek them out give them a listen and see what he's talking about. I did, listened to several songs, some I've heard some I've not and made a decision that to my ear they play simple, poppy, low on creativity. That is the type of music I don't care for. It's funny how Todd Rundgren came up in this thread as having produced one of their albums. Well I'm a big fan of TR but give this a listen and see if you can figure out that his music is just a bit more complex than their three minute diddies.

Oh it's just a tad longer than three minutes.

Nope. Win.

Tell ya what crackerjack, I'll post 5 songs for you if you post yourself playing them on Youtube. Why don't you listen to your own community? Go to your bass forums and mention Moulding.. You still have not listed your influences like I asked you to.

My God, for a bunch of people who think that they hate XTC, you sure refuse to just let this thread die away. No matter, keep it coming! More exposure for my Faves!

Nope you don't get it.

I apologize for making you prove your point. I seriously didn't know that it was going to be that difficult for you.

Up to 11 pages now, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing ...

Tell ya what crackerjack, I'll post 5 songs for you if you post yourself playing them on Youtube. Why don't you listen to your own community? Go to your bass forums and mention Moulding.. You still have not listed your influences like I asked you to.

My God, for a bunch of people who think that they hate XTC, you sure refuse to just let this thread die away. No matter, keep it coming! More exposure for my Faves!

My influences have no bearing on Moulding's abilities and creativity, which any musician knows. Therefore, it was nothing more than a strawman to divert attention away from your inability to prove your point.

Still waiting...

See this is where you lose all credibility. You said XTC is the greatest band ever. Ok, I'm game I like all kinds of music I'll seek them out give them a listen and see what he's talking about. I did, listened to several songs, some I've heard some I've not and made a decision that to my ear they play simple, poppy, low on creativity. That is the type of music I don't care for. It's funny how Todd Rundgren came up in this thread as having produced one of their albums. Well I'm a big fan of TR but give this a listen and see if you can figure out that his music is just a bit more complex than their three minute diddies.

Oh it's just a tad longer than three minutes.

You need better ears, plain and simple. That Rundgren even agreed to work with them in the first place should be a giant neon sign over your head and speak volumes to you. God you are dense and lack depth...

Up to 11 pages now, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing ...

I am actually let down by this. I was sincerely looking to see why he has this opinion of Moulding. Unfortunately, he is doing everything in his power to avoid having to prove his point, including attacking me for merely wanting him to back up his statements.

He is really embarrassing himself now.

My influences have no bearing on Moulding's abilities and creativity, which any musician knows. Therefore, it was nothing more than a strawman to divert attention away from your inability to prove your point.

Still waiting...

I guess I am just going to have to hurt your feelings.....YOU ARE A NOBODY! YOUR OPINION ABOUT THE BASS PLAYING OF A SIGNED ARTIST IS MEANINGLESS! Sorry to shout...

I am actually let down by this. I was sincerely looking to see why he has this opinion of Moulding. Unfortunately, he is doing everything in his power to avoid having to prove his point, including attacking me for merely wanting him to back up his statements.

He is really embarrassing himself now.

Put your money where your mouth is, I'll give you some tunes, then post yourself playing them on Youtube. Talk is cheap, you fraud.

I guess I am just going to have to hurt your feelings.....YOU ARE A NOBODY! YOUR OPINION ABOUT THE BASS PLAYING OF A SIGNED ARTIST IS MEANINGLESS! Sorry to shout...

Dude, the guy who played bas for Sheila Easton was a SIGNED ARTIST for crying out loud. At least have some standard.

Put your money where your mouth is, I'll give you some tunes, then post yourself playing them on Youtube. Talk is cheap, you fraud.

I play guitar. It doesn't mean that I'd care to sit down and learn a John Mayer song just to prove a point to the tamborine player in a middling wannabe boy band.