Green Day sellout is complete

Still can't do it, huh? No problem. I've wasted enough time with you. You are now boring me.

I will let you have the last word, since you obviously need it for your ego. Try not to screw it up, like you have the rest of this thread.

You were boring hours ago...Fraud!

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we discuss someone more musically relevant than XTC? Like, say...Neil Diamond? Or the one-armed drummer from Def Leppard?

Did you hear Diamond's Christmas song with all the names of his other songs in the lyrics? Funniest/most awful thing I've ever heard. The guys on GR were pranking people with it; Sullivan laughed so hard I thought he was going to pass out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJiCFE3EFF4

For a man who "hates XTC" you sure do spend a bunch of time researching them. Come on over to the dark side old boy, I feel your strength is failing you...you might just give in before the day is done!

Credibility going...going....gone. You ask me to have an open mind. I have a very open mind when it comes to music. I researched and found out that Skylarking was a kind of concept album much like the Beach Boys and I like the album Pet Sounds the Beach Boys best concept album. So I gave it a listen. Don't like it not my taste, and sorry, I knew the Beach Boys, and XTC, you are no Beach Boys. Sorry it bothers you that I'm not joining your little group.

Did you hear Diamond's Christmas song with all the names of his other songs in the lyrics? Funniest/most awful thing I've ever heard. The guys on GR were pranking people with it; Sullivan laughed so hard I thought he was going to pass out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJiCFE3EFF4

Oh, what the !@#$? :thumbsup::worthy: If ever something needed to be Rick Rolled, it would be that.

He actually managed to work "Sweet Caroline" into that? :ph34r: And in the video he's exploiting kids like he's Billy Ray Cyrus. God, how !@#$ing awful. Makes the Jazz Singer soundtrack bearable by comparison.

Credibility going...going....gone. You ask me to have an open mind. I have a very open mind when it comes to music. I researched and found out that Skylarking was a kind of concept album much like the Beach Boys and I like the album Pet Sounds the Beach Boys best concept album. So I gave it a listen. Don't like it not my taste, and sorry, I knew the Beach Boys, and XTC, you are no Beach Boys. Sorry it bothers you that I'm not joining your little group.

You listened to Skylarking?

Oh, what the !@#$? ;):sick: If ever something needed to be Rick Rolled, it would be that.

He actually managed to work "Sweet Caroline" into that? :lol: And in the video he's exploiting kids like he's Billy Ray Cyrus. God, how !@#$ing awful. Makes the Jazz Singer soundtrack bearable by comparison.

And somebody in this world no doubt had to get this jab in at Wiki:

"...In the fall of 1969, Diamond performed "Sweet Caroline" on several television shows. It later reached #8 on the UK singles chart in 1971. In a 2007 interview, Diamond revealed the inspiration for "Sweet Caroline" was President John F. Kennedy's daughter, Caroline Kennedy, who was eleven years old at the time..."

Diamond is almost as bad as Cyrus!

Look at the night and it don't seem so lonely

We filled it up with only two

And when I hurt

Hurting runs off my shoulder

How can I hurt when I'm holding you

One, touching one

Reaching out, touching me, touching you

;)

hey, what the hell happened to my thread. it appears to have been hijacked.

why you, crayonz! ;) ;)

xtc was ok. they weren't the next best thing to sliced bread. they were a pretentiously serious band that came out with a few good songs, but otherwise were lost in their own blather of sugar-coated riffs, and foolish digressions. in my opinion, the crash-test dummies' version of pumpkinhead was better, not that i was a fan of the dummies.

sheesh

jw

proceed.

why you, crayonz! ;) ;)

xtc was ok. they weren't the next best thing to sliced bread. they were a pretentiously serious band that came out with a few good songs, but otherwise were lost in their own blather of sugar-coated riffs, and foolish digressions. in my opinion, the crash-test dummies' version of pumpkinhead was better, not that i was a fan of the dummies.

sheesh

jw

proceed.

What did I do?

Do these crash-test dummies look like Gary Numan?

why you, crayonz! ;) ;)

sheesh

jw

proceed.

You know I never minded listening to Green Day. I was never big into the "punk" genre in the first place, so maybe their little "punk lite" thing just worked out well for me. Saw them in concert for free last summer and it was a fun show. They got some chick in the audience to come up and play lead guitar for "Jesus of Suburbia/Whatever the other friggin titles of that song are."