Green Day sellout is complete

I swear if you use that "middling" term one more time........

......and once more for you my reading impaired friend: Art is not a math equation! Do you understand the meaning of the term hyperbole??? People employ it everyday, like when you say "man, this is the best beer" to proclaim your immediate satisfaction with something that is at hand. Learn, terms! "literal Annie"!!!!!!

The words you posted did not make your case, they were the sword on which you fell.

So then if music is not like a math question why are you treating as such saying that there is only one answer to the question Is XTC a great and influential pop band?

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So then if music is not like a math question why are you treating as such saying that there is only one answer to the question Is XTC a great and influential pop band?

You answered your own question.

Before you know it, you will be singing "Towers of London" at the top of your voice while vacuuming in your underwear...

You answered your own question.

Before you know it, you will be singing "Towers of London" at the top of your voice while vacuuming in your underwear...

Holy crap dude. Towers of London? Is that supposed to be sample of their superior musicianship? The band I played in at the age of 14 was playing and creating much more complex and interesting music.

Holy crap dude. Towers of London? Is that supposed to be sample of their superior musicianship? The band I played in at the age of 14 was playing and creating much more complex and interesting music.

Haha!!!!!!!!!!! In your wet dreams maybe!

I guess that is why you guys got signed to Geffen records then?

Lets just get down to brass tacks shall we Jim? You don't like the Beatles much either do you Jim?

What do you have against the British my man? Don't care for the humor, the wit? What is up with you?

Sorry, I thought this was about Green Day?

(shakes head and slowly backs away from thread-turned-crusade)

FWIW, last year I met one of the leads in Idiot. She played a German punk rocker in the other musical, and I guess now she's moved on to playing an American punk wannabe.

FWIW, last year I met one of the leads in Idiot. She played a German punk rocker in the other musical, and I guess now she's moved on to playing an American punk wannabe.

Can we all at least be friends on Sundays during the fall?????

Haha!!!!!!!!!!! In your wet dreams maybe!

I guess that is why you guys got signed to Geffen records then?

Lets just get down to brass tacks shall we Jim? You don't like the Beatles much either do you Jim?

What do you have against the British my man? Don't care for the humor, the wit? What is up with you?

If you can't come to grips with the fact that there is music out there that people don't like that you do you've got a problem. Or if you're just being a moronic troll, which I'm assuming you are, you still have a problem. And no I don't much care for the Beatles either which is interesting because the song Towers of London was a rip off of the Beatles. So I guess you're right XTC (creative name by the way) does have their roots firmly planted in 60's music.

Oh come on Lori, it was a bitchfest about Green Day too. We just changed which band we were bitching about.

We went from one bad band to possibly the worst band ever. Not sure why that is such a leap.

BTW, I just remembered what the sound is like. There used to be a show called Threshold where aliens were invading earth through this odd sound, terraforming it. That's what that reminded me of.

If you can't come to grips with the fact that there is music out there that people don't like that you do you've got a problem. Or if you're just being a moronic troll, which I'm assuming you are, you still have a problem. And no I don't much care for the Beatles either which is interesting because the song Towers of London was a rip off of the Beatles. So I guess you're right XTC (creative name by the way) does have their roots firmly planted in 60's music.

Chef man, you are scream! A total scab picker who battles to the bitter end...when others let a thread quietly die, you are just beginning to carry the flag. You have helped me wave that flag for XTC for about six pages now, and for that I thank you. I held out playing the "Beatle card" because I had a feeling what your answer would be...

I love boys like you who say "my band could have played circles around those guys"--uh...huh. :thumbsup: Your ignorance is showing.

Yep! I'm positive that you could have written something that would make a label hang on to you for a couple of decades. Just because you don't like something, that doesn't mean it is garbage.

Sorry but when you posted that clip, I knew I was going to have to yank your fat behind out onto the carpet. Bottom line, you started this whole thing by implying that XTC could not hold a guitar properly, your buddy GG doomed your argument by posting the writeup that he did. Guess what? Profesional opinion says: XTC-1 Chef-0

Game over for you.

We went from one bad band to possibly the worst band ever. Not sure why that is such a leap.

BTW, I just remembered what the sound is like. There used to be a show called Threshold where aliens were invading earth through this odd sound, terraforming it. That's what that reminded me of.

Get a grip on reality you idiot, I have plenty of ass chew left over for you too if you'd care to go a few rounds.

If Colin Moulding is the greatest bass player on the planet (or something like that), prove it to me. I have played bass for over 25 years. Pick five songs for me that are an indication of his style and abilities. Don't tell me you can't do it, because any true musician will tell you that you can. You pick the five songs so that you cannot complain that I picked the wrong song(s). I don't want to hear any crap about bad production on a YouTube clip, because any musician can pick out the notes, style, abilities, etc on any clip. Give me five links. Prove it to me.

Bottom line, you started this whole thing by implying that XTC could not hold a guitar properly, your buddy GG doomed your argument by posting the writeup that he did. Guess what? Profesional opinion says: XTC-1 Chef-0

Game over for you.

Did you actually read the Allmusic writeup? It basically confirmed XTC's status as a middling new wave band with a cult following. Kinda like Spinal Tap of new wave.

If Colin Moulding is the greatest bass player on the planet (or something like that), prove it to me. I have played bass for over 25 years. Pick five songs for me that are an indication of his style and abilities. Don't tell me you can't do it, because any true musician will tell you that you can. You pick the five songs so that you cannot complain that I picked the wrong song(s). I don't want to hear any crap about bad production on a YouTube clip, because any musician can pick out the notes, style, abilities, etc on any clip. Give me five links. Prove it to me.

Do your own research boob. This is not "cuttin' heads", why don't you start by naming your own influences so that I have a point of reference. No single person is "the greatest", Colin is extremely "creative". If you were worth your salt as a rock bassist you would already be very familiar with his work. He is iconic. You have a google button put it to good use...

Do your own research boob. This is not "cuttin' heads", why don't you start by naming your own influences so that I have a point of reference. No single person is "the greatest", Colin is extremely "creative". If you were worth your salt as a rock bassist you would already be very familiar with his work. He is iconic. You have a google button put it to good use...

Way to prove your case.

You complain when people pick their own songs, stating that they picked the wrong songs. Put up or shut up.

Thats weak, chickenshiit. Pick 5 for him and see what he says.