Al Saunders believed to be Leslie Fraziers OC choice

Buffalo 66

Saunders' system is the equiv of the T2 on offense. The only guy who could successfully run it was Todd Collins. This is definitely not the read and react kind of system that we need here. I like what the Vikings or Saints or Colts(albeit more complex) run. Why can't we use that?

C

This is absolutely false... Saunders system is very vertical and attack oriented, whereas a tampa 2 defensive system is very passive and relies on 4 DL to pressure the QB. In fact I would say that they are opposites.

That warms me up to him a little bit. I do like Al Saunders, but isn't he an Coryell Offense type of guy? Can't imagine that flying in Buffalo during December.

You mean like back when Jim Kelly was running a 3 wide, no huddle attack and throwing for 300+ yards in the wind and snow?

This is absolutely false... Saunders system is very vertical and attack oriented, whereas a tampa 2 defensive system is very passive and relies on 4 DL to pressure the QB. In fact I would say that they are opposites.

Exactly. Saunders would be an outstanding addition.

Wait, isn't he the guy that didn't do jack in Washington with Gibbs?

The owner brought in Al Sauders as a highly paid OC to work with Gibbs. It was an utter disaster. His playbook was as thick as a telephone book. Gibbs and Saunders had very different offensive philosophies. There was no surprise that their conflicting views of offensive schemes didn't mesh.

It would be stupid to bring in an Al Saunders high powered and complex offense because its success is predicated on having an upper tier qb, upper tier playmakers and an upper tier OL. The Bills offense is clearly in the rebuilding mode. The line and qb position need to be addressed before an Al Saunders type of coordinator is brought in. In would be like having a professor teaching molecular biology when the class is at a remedial math level.

The owner brought in Al Sauders as a highly paid OC to work with Gibbs. It was an utter disaster. His playbook was as thick as a telephone book. Gibbs and Saunders had very different offensive philosophies. There was no surprise that their conflicting views of offensive schemes didn't mesh.

It would be stupid to bring in an Al Saunders high powered and complex offense because its success is predicated on having an upper tier qb, upper tier playmakers and an upper tier OL. The Bills offense is clearly in the rebuilding mode. The line and qb position need to be addressed before an Al Saunders type of coordinator is brought in. In would be like having a professor teaching molecular biology when the class is at a remedial math level.

True, we need the right players to succeed in that kind of offensive philosophy. Not sure we have that right now, and it might take years to develop. Is there a QB out there now we could grab that could handle it??

Do we have to constantly assume that if you are drafted by Buffalo, you're an idiot? What's wrong with a larger playbook? These prima donnas we've had here cry every time the playbook is longer than six plays.