Cowher the Cowher is Cowher for Cowher in Cowher's Cowher

bills_red

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He came into Buffalo a few years back and beat The Bills with 2nd and 3rd stringers in a Game The Bills HAD to have...That impressed the hell out of Me...

You realize that a lot of those 2nd/3rd stringers were starting for a Super Bowl team the following year? Those were legitimate pros that beat us that day.

And do you remember what happened after that game?

Cowher mangled a playoff game vs the Jets that Herm Edwards handed him in OT, and the following week he got hammered at home by Bill Belichik.

This coming from the guy who argued with me that Drayton Florence was a bad pickup for the Bills. You were wrong about that one and you are wrong about this one, sport. :w00t:

Yeah, thank gawd we kicked out some big bucks for another corner so we could finish 30th in the NFL against the run. What was I thinking? :unsure:

Yeah, thank gawd we kicked out some big bucks for another corner so we could finish 30th in the NFL against the run. What was I thinking? :unsure:

That would be fine if that was the argument you were making, however that wasn't the case. You were trying to make some blathering point that he wasn't a good corner. But nice try Simon :w00t:

I understand what you're saying and actually agree with it. I think ignoring that truism is what caused the Bills to prematurely jettison Wade Phillips, Mike Mullarkey and Tom Donahoe and put us where we are now.

This is where you lose me. While it's obvious that Donahoe woefully blew the 1st round picks, another major failure were the absolute disasters in the mid rounds too. I honestly don't recall a weak draft period like the droughts of 2001-2005. So I don't see how keeping Donahoe would be better, as we'd still be trading away 1st round picks on project head cases.

This is where you lose me. While it's obvious that Donahoe woefully blew the 1st round picks, another major failure were the absolute disasters in the mid rounds too. I honestly don't recall a weak draft period like the droughts of 2001-2005. So I don't see how keeping Donahoe would be better, as we'd still be trading away 1st round picks on project head cases.

At the time I thought his past history had earned him some more leeway. Sending a guy with those credentials packing then going with the ridiculous front office structure they came up with was an egregious error that played a large part in putting us where we are now.

At the time I thought his past history had earned him some more leeway. Sending a guy with those credentials packing then going with the ridiculous front office structure they came up with was an egregious error that played a large part in putting us where we are now.

The irony being that this roster is better than the one he left behind.

The irony being that this roster is better than the one he left behind.

I'm not sure I'm on board with that. I'd have to look at them side by side but I don't get this sense this team is better now than it was when he left.

I'm not sure I'm on board with that. I'd have to look at them side by side but I don't get this sense this team is better now than it was when he left.

That's not the qualifier, because I wouldn't wish Jauron on any roster. And yes I'm still on record to have preferred that MM didn't quit.

That would be fine if that was the argument you were making, however that wasn't the case. You were trying to make some blathering point that he wasn't a good corner. But nice try Simon :unsure:

Since I didn't actually remember the conversation I looked it up and here is my direct quote while trying to make the point that acquiring Florence for Jabari Greer was a step backwards:

"I don't think Florence is a bad player but I think his weaknesses are similar to McGee's in that he doesn't chop well, he doesn't bear down well, he loses focus sometimes, he gets turned around a lot, etc."

And why am I even talking to a bag of douche like yourself? Go troll somebody else, I'm not interested in your spin or stupidity.

Do a search for Cowher:

http://search.twitter.com/

A couple random nobodys are spreading a Cowher to Buffalo for 8.5MM/year rumor in the last few hours. Any rumors coming out of Buffalo?

I for one would like to thank you for not starting yet another thread about it. You rank well above the person who inevitably will. :unsure:

I for one would like to thank you for not starting yet another thread about it. You rank well above the person who inevitably will. :unsure:

haha after reading the last 10 or so pages of this thread I thought my empty bit of information would fit in nicely right here.