interviews

rpcolosi

ok, does anyone else think it weird we are flying everywhere to interview coaches instead of them coming here?

is this the practice of other organzations too? seems to me ralph could save some money flying guys to buffalo. or does he, gulp, not consider the city in winter time a selling point?

i know this is kind of a strange thread, but other then flying to court cowher, it makes no sense to me why the are flying to see frazier on a bye week. if he wants it, his ass can come down here. we're offering a multi million job, not the other way around.

this method of hiring sounds very much like brandon's work... i mean - how do you get teh sense of an organization when you DON'T come to the friggin building? and you don't see the facilities, the offices, get a sense of the tradition and history?

where is he interviewing these guys? over dinner? in a hotel?

Guest dog14787
ok, does anyone else think it weird we are flying everywhere to interview coaches instead of them coming here?

is this the practice of other organzations too? seems to me ralph could save some money flying guys to buffalo. or does he, gulp, not consider the city in winter time a selling point?

i know this is kind of a strange thread, but other then flying to court cowher, it makes no sense to me why the are flying to see frazier on a bye week. if he wants it, his ass can come down here. we're offering a multi million job, not the other way around.

this method of hiring sounds very much like brandon's work... i mean - how do you get teh sense of an organization when you DON'T come to the friggin building? and you don't see the facilities, the offices, get a sense of the tradition and history?

Seems like the right thing to do considering the Vikings are in playoff mode, but hey, that's just me...

In order to interview coaches who are on teams that are in the playoffs, the interview has to be set up at the coaches convenience this week for teams that have a bye, next week for teams that win in the wild card round, and between the NFC/AFC Championship game and Super Bowl.

There isn't much time for us to be able to interview them, and it has to be done according to that coach/team, while they are preparing for their playoff game (which is apparently what comes after the regular season for good teams).

I think I read in one of the other threads that Buddy Nix and Bill Cowher were seen walking a dog at the airport in North Carolina the other morning.

John Murphy just had segment and said the Bills are very high on Russ Grimm but he originally turned the Bills down for an interview but then changed mind and they may be interviewing him down the road. Don't know how true that is but I'm not keen on hiring a guy who originally turns you down......however, that may not be the entire truth, as maybe he could not interview on a certain day.

...and it's in the NFL rules.

PTR

100% correct PTR

BTW - i like all the interviewing - i like the process - i am just as anxious as everyone else is to get it done and over but with that said the process is solid and will serve us well in the end i am sure - i say that because i have faith that nix will do what he thinks is best for the bills.

...and it's in the NFL rules.

PTR

nfl rules stipulate you have to fly there over a bye week? or is that just common sense because of preperation? not to mention, teams take 1 or 2 days off during these bye weeks to rest guys. i suppose coaches don't stop planning though.

i'm well aware of the NFL mandate of when to interview playoff teams. I'll agree that its a courtesy and he has a game plan to assemble which makes sense as well. but for hte record the only person to come ot buffalo for an interview is Fewell. all the others have been outside OBD.

nfl rules stipulate you have to fly there over a bye week? or is that just common sense because of preperation? not to mention, teams take 1 or 2 days off during these bye weeks to rest guys. i suppose coaches don't stop planning though.

i'm well aware of the NFL mandate of when to interview playoff teams. I'll agree that its a courtesy and he has a game plan to assemble which makes sense as well. but for hte record the only person to come ot buffalo for an interview is Fewell. all the others have been outside OBD.

also - since there are not other coaching vacancies we should take our sweet time with this and let Buddy be as thorough and all encompassing as possible. We are in a good position in this regard...