Bills attempting to set up interview w/Leslie Frazier

Beerball

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

but when you say your looking for someone with HC experience, you would think thats who you go after

No one said they aren't going after someone with HC experience. But they should interview as much as they can. Especially if the the good ones with HC experience have already turned us down, which looks like it. Aside from Billick.,

this is going to sound bad...but... is he a "hot" commodity because he has proven he is a good coach or because he is black?

I think this one is legit -- and has nothing to do with the Rooney rule. Frazier oversaw a pretty good defense that has been lights out against the run (thanks in a lrge part to the Williams wall in the middle). Meanwhile, the head coach (Brad Childress) is an offensive guru, so Frazier deserves credit for what the defense has accomplished.

This doesnt make sense. I can't see Nix hiring any coordinators when he said at his introduction that the Bills are looking for a HC that has HC experience. The fact that Cowher wont happen (be serious and realistic because deep down we all know he wont come here) leaves Billick as the only other candidate that fits Nix's "qualifications list"

I would be dissapointed if Nix did the opposite of what he said and hired a coordinator for our HC.

I know he didnt rule out hiring a coordinator but when you say your looking for someone with HC experience, you would think thats who you go after

Go back and re-listen to his press conference. He very much left the door wide open for an up and coming Coordinator. Yes, he said he'd like a HC with experience, but in each instance he immediately stated that it also doesn't rule out getting a good young coordinator. In fact, after I watched the thing I gotthe distinct impression that's the direction he would be taking as opposed to Shanny or Cowher.

I don't understand.

Does he not have a phone or an email to be able to contact him. It really shouldn't be so difficult, I mean for Christ's sake, it's the 21st century. What's this attempt bull ****?

You have to get permission from the Vikings to Interview their coordinator. That is the attempt.

R E L A X

You have to get permission from the Vikings to Interview their coordinator. That is the attempt.

R E L A X

No they don't. They just need to get him to agree to an interview. teams cannot stop a coordinator from interviewing for a promotion.

No they don't. They just need to get him to agree to an interview. teams cannot stop a coordinator from interviewing for a promotion.

Wrong, ---->http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/01/04/interview-rules-for-candidates-in-playoffs/

From Chris Brown

"There have been a handful of potential names mentioned in national reports concerning the Bills head coaching position. Defensive coordinators Sean McDermott (Phil.) and Leslie Frazier (Minn.), offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer (NYJ) and asst. head coach/offensive line coach Russ Grimm (Ariz) have all been mentioned. All four are also coaching for playoff teams. Here are the league rules concerning interviewing candidates still coaching for teams in the postseason.

Bills CEO Russ Brandon would have to contact the candidate’s current employer and ask for written permission to discuss Buffalo’s head coaching position with said assistant.

If permission is granted the interview must be conducted at any location deemed acceptable by the team for which the candidate works, which likely means the Bills would have to go to them.

For playoff teams with coaching candidates that have byes in Wild Card weekend (e.g. Minnesota – Frazier) interviews of those coaches must be completed before this weekend. So if Frazier is a candidate it would have to take place this week.

For candidates working for a team participating in Wild Card weekend (e.g. Schottenheimer, Grimm, McDermott) that win and advance to the Divisional Round interviews must be conducted after the Wild Card games and prior to the Divisional round games. In other words some time next week.

So if in fact assistants like Grimm, McDermott and Schottenheimer are on Buffalo’s list to be interviewed, the Bills need to first get written permission and then interview them after this weekend’s games, especially if their teams win and advance.

No initial interviews may be requested or granted after the Divisional Playoff weekend for any team’s assistant that is still participating in the postseason.

One other note is that the Bills are permitted just one interview with a candidate while his team is still competing in the postseason. And no direct or indirect contact by the Bills can be made with the candidate or his representatives during that time following the initial interview. The only exception is if a candidate’s team makes it all the way to the Super Bowl and there’s a two week time frame between the conference championship game and the Super Bowl, which there is this year. Then a second interview can take place."

I am so enthralled that i was able to teach you new words today..use it properly is all i ask :lol:

Thank you so much. In return I'd like to teach you how to spell 'your'

"QUOTE (Over40club @ Jan 6 2010, 12:40 PM) *

It does not spark good conversation with you per say' because you like to run with the pack instead of leading the pack ! And ,i could not laugh any harder when you asked me if i knew the difference between a coach and a play caller and yet wasted you're time in describing the difference ! Listen, lets make this simple , i have watched football for over 40 years , been a season ticket holder since 1980 ....enough said ! Just thought perhaps some of you could be leaders instead of always thinking inside the box ..i guess i was wrong .."

YOU'RE welcome :lol: