La Canfora says he doubts Cowher comes to Buffalo

DarthICE

Buffalo was never on his 4 team initial list. He doesn't see him wanting to be a Big fish in a small pond in Buffalo. He says it is possible if Ralph offers enough money.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-tota...ound-the-League

Personally, I say Screw Cowher. If we weren't on his 4 team list then by far we wern't on his mind as an option. I DO NOT want a guy that is coming just for a bucket of money. I want a guy who wants to coach and sees Buffalo as someplace he wants to be and someplace he can rebuild and win with.

Time to pass on Cowher IMHO.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Buffalo was never on his 4 team initial list. He doesn't see him wanting to be a Big fish in a small pond in Buffalo. He says it is possible if Ralph offers enough money.

Personally, I say Screw Cowher. If we weren't on his 4 team list then by far we wern't on his mind as an option. I DO NOT want a guy that is coming just for a bucket of money. I want a guy who wants to coach and sees Buffalo as someplace he wants to be and someplace he can rebuild and win with.

Jim Kelly didn't want to come here either. That turned out alright, just sayin'...

Sad to say but it's always about the money

I doubt he knows anything. None of these morons knows anything. Everyone has to break news or be first with the story. It's all 100% speculation and opinion. I put ZERO credibility in any of it. If I worked for ESPN and as a Bills fan, I would say "I think Cowher ends up with the Bills". They put it on the crawl and it's somehow BREAKING NEWS! So stupid, useless and a waste of everyone's time.

Did Jasno actually talk to The Chin about any of this?

And for enough $$$, anything is possible.

I saw yesterday's NFL episode, and Lacanfora was speculating but did not indicate that he had any particular inside knowledge. I think it's obvious that Bills weren't on Cowher's top 10 list. But my guess is that Bills are pulling out all stops to get him to reconsider. After all, before this weekend no one even knew there was contact between the two parties.

I saw yesterday's NFL episode, and Lacanfora was speculating but did not indicate that he had any particular inside knowledge. I think it's obvious that Bills weren't on Cowher's top 10 list. But my guess is that Bills are pulling out all stops to get him to reconsider. After all, before this weekend no one even knew there was contact between the two parties.

Tim and I were talking about this last night. (Or perhaps I should say I was speculating during a conversation.) Doesn't cost Cowher anything to listen, does it? Still think it's a longshot, but if the Bills manage to find his magic number ...

Tim and I were talking about this last night. (Or perhaps I should say I was speculating during a conversation.) Doesn't cost Cowher anything to listen, does it? Still think it's a longshot, but if the Bills manage to find his magic number ...

I hear you, but that make me apprehensive. In giving advice to others in job searched, I always counsel against taking a less than ideal opportunity just because the money is good. It rarely turns out to be good in the long run.

Personally, I say Screw Cowher. If we weren't on his 4 team list then by far we wern't on his mind as an option. I DO NOT want a guy that is coming just for a bucket of money. I want a guy who wants to coach and sees Buffalo as someplace he wants to be and someplace he can rebuild and win with. Time to pass on Cowher.

Yeah, we should just stick with guys who can't get HC jobs anywhere else in the NFL and will happily take whatever Ralph offers. That strategy has worked swimmingly thus far, so, hey, if it ain't broke why fix it, right?

I hear you, but that make me apprehensive. In giving advice to others in job searched, I always counsel against taking a less than ideal opportunity just because the money is good. It rarely turns out to be good in the long run.

Not sure I disagree. (See: Schottenheimer in Washington, Spurrier in Washington, Shan ... well, we'll give him a year or two.)

At that point, does it come back to the Bills trying to sell a disaffected fanbase on the latest hot coordinator? We'd start to see how the Nix/Brandon dynamic plays out if that happens, I think.

Yeah, we should just stick with guys who can't get HC jobs anywhere else in the NFL and will happily take whatever Ralph offers. That strategy has worked swimmingly thus far, so, hey, if it ain't broke why fix it, right?

Vs.a Merc in it just for money? Uh yeah. See guys like that IMHO aren't motivated to actually win. They suck for 2-3 years, make a ton of jack, get fired and still get paid tons. Then in the media it is written off as its the Bills or the Cities / fans fault as X coach had success elsewhere.