Week 17 matchup of worst two teams

Imagine a situation where two teams entered the last game of the season both at 1-14. They are without a doubt the #1 and #2 picks in the following draft, no other teams have fewer than three wins.

Would a commissioner ever have the balls to declare that the winner is awarded the #1 pick, to avoid an attempted lay down by both teams?

I think that would be great. I'd NBC flex-game it if I were the commish.

It depends on who is available. Having the #1 pick is not always an advantage considering how much the #1 gets paid. It is hard for many teams to trade out of top 5. It is possible for a owner to tell team to do everything they can to win game to save the money.

that almost happened a couple years ago i believe with the "reggie bush" pick. i remember some talk about it but i don't know if nething happened. (this is the year everyone though the texans were crazy for picking mario williams #1 overall

that almost happened a couple years ago i believe with the "reggie bush" pick. i remember some talk about it but i don't know if nething happened. (this is the year everyone though the texans were crazy for picking mario williams #1 overall

Williams turned out to be the right pick, Bush turned out to be a glorified 3rd WR that ran the ball sometimes, usually ineffectively...

a guy you would expect to get in the 3rd or 4th round...