Homeland Security

BadDad

I renewed mine on the web and it showed up 5 days later.

I think the issue was not that you were renewing a licence. It sounds like your son HAS a license, in another state, and was trying to get a new license in Florida? Horrors!

Not that it makes the process any less idiotic.

How very disgusting that the Department of Homeland Security, instituted circa 2002, is already a mess. Hardly surprising though. The nature of what they're trying to do is something like herding cats; every time you figure out how to head off a bad guy, another one comes along with a different approach and ya gotta deal with THAT.

"Adaptability" is not high on a list of *any* governmental agency's list of attributes.

This isn't a political issue, although the usual cast of clowns are trying to make it so.

That said - I would contact have your son contact the local Congresscritter for assistance. My brother's done that with great success.

Possibly you missed part of my OP, my son was born in Plantation Genral Hospital, in Broward County Florida. He has never been a resident of another State, much less another country. He is down here with us in South Florida until tomorrow when he goes back to "the great white north", Orlando. He is an American Citizen, he is and has been a resident of the State of Florida his whole life, but DHS has made their criteria and unfortunately the DMV has no wiggle room. I'm certain that it has to do with the recent problems, however it's sad that common sense can't rule.

In the mean time he is going back to Orlando tomorrow, with a new Bills Hat from Xmas (yes we progresives are not all God hating heathens), and he will renew his license up there. I hope this whole thing is an overcautious reaction and that common sense will rule eventually.

Then again, under the circumstances, if I was the President, or the Secretary of HMS, CIA, FBI, etc. I would be covering my butt right now as well.

We bid adui to the DMV folks and wished them a happy New Year, and they went on to deal with the next guy in line who had something that was missing in the new directive.

I agree that the tone has gotten a lot more harsh over the years.

Of course I attribute it to 8 yrs worth of constant nagging on superficiality of Haliburton, nosepick, flight suit while ignoring the underlying issues. And here we are one year into Obama's presidency and he hasn't changed a single item of the evil president's security policies yet.

So yeah, after eight years of tired debates, and not having BiB's first hand accounts on what exactly is going on behind the scenes, it gets tiring when each month brings up a connor who thinks his .01 watt LED is illuminating the world.

I agree but at least when Paul would chime in it was never personal. He and I went at it a number of times but it never rose to the level of rancour that we see today, from both side I might add. When I had a question about policy I would always request Pauls opinion. Whenever I had question about force I would always request Darins expertise. This wasn't because I was a kiss ass. It was because I respected their knowledge and experience. From thier responses, always civilized, I formed my own opinions and then posted them.

RIP BiB

I seemed to have missed the joke Darin. I must say that I'm dissapointed in your response, but then again....

I guess the definition of "Right Wing" is far more blurry than I thought. Apparently, everything non-"progressive" (which is such an oxymoron it should be the definition of the word) is now "right wing".

The fact of the matter is virtually everything in this world works far better when there is a delicate balance that is maintained. Currently, that balance has been shot all to hell and anyone who identifies themselves as "Democrat" or "Republican" can squarely blame themselves for it.

This board isn't "decidedly" anything, other than an excellent representation of what is wrong with America. Virtually everything that ails this country could be fixed by the average voter taking a long look in the mirror and realizing that they OWN this !@#$ing mess.

I guess the definition of "Right Wing" is far more blurry than I thought. Apparently, everything non-"progressive" (which is such an oxymoron it should be the definition of the word) is now "right wing".

The fact of the matter is virtually everything in this world works far better when there is a delicate balance that is maintained. Currently, that balance has been shot all to hell and anyone who identifies themselves as "Democrat" or "Republican" can squarely blame themselves for it.

This board isn't "decidedly" anything, other than an excellent representation of what is wrong with America. Virtually everything that ails this country could be fixed by the average voter taking a long look in the mirror and realizing that they OWN this !@#$ing mess.

Most of that is true, but while you and a few others might be mistakenly labeled as Right Wing, there are more conservatives than liberals that post in this forum. At least it seems that way. We could post a poll I suppose, but most would probably lie.

Good night Darin, I wish you well, hopefully our Bills will do better next year.

Most of that is true, but while you and a few others might be mistakenly labeled as Right Wing, there are more conservatives than liberals that post in this forum. At least it seems that way. We could post a poll I suppose, but most would probably lie.

I have no idea what the numbers actually are - it seems to be fairly equal to me, though the number of lucid "conservatives" or "non-progressives" greatly outnumbers those who firmly align themselves with the Democrats. That's perfectly clear.

Oh, say no more. You both live in the most forked-up state in the union.

I renewed my license down here back in October and it was a simply logging onto the DMV site, clicking the "renew" option, verifying my address, and then 2 weeks later my new one showed up in the mail.

Sucks for BadDad. Maybe a better dad would have had the proper documentation.

Yes, "average voters" are the cause and there are far too many of them.

I have no idea what the numbers actually are - it seems to be fairly equal to me, though the number of lucid "conservatives" or "non-progressives" greatly outnumbers those who firmly align themselves with the Democrats. That's perfectly clear.

Meh I am still a little liberal, could be my perception is shaped by that. I grant you the lucid bit, hard to think of anyone past Kelly or RI who is a total lib and can give the conservatives fits.

Meh I am still a little liberal, could be my perception is shaped by that. I grant you the lucid bit, hard to think of anyone past Kelly or RI who is a total lib and can give the conservatives fits.

My politics are way too complicated to fit either current party but the real "planks" of the Democratic party abhor me. Not because they're not fine ideas but because there's simply no way to make them work in a beneficial manner (I'm not talking about Gay Marriage or Abortion, as neither is really a "plank" - more of a "chew on this stuff retards, while we figure out more ways to screw you on the important things").

My politics are way too complicated to fit either current party but the real "planks" of the Democratic party abhor me. Not because they're not fine ideas but because there's simply no way to make them work in a beneficial manner (I'm not talking about Gay Marriage or Abortion, as neither is really a "plank" - more of a "chew on this stuff retards, while we figure out more ways to screw you on the important things").

I understand, I guess when I say liberal, I would prefer that IF the government intervenes, I would prefer they side with the individual rather than corporate interests. Lots of caveats to that, but in one sentence...

I would actually prefer they stay the !@#$ out of everything other than National Defense and minimal regulation of corporations. A few other things maybe, but nothing like it is now.