C-Span calls out Obama on health care debate transparency

I think this is where the WH releases a statement that Obama inherited broken campaign promises from the previous administration, and he will look into C-SPAN's request as soon as they're done hiring more lobbyists.

You would think that he would heed his own advice. <_<

You would think that he would heed his own advice. <_<

One of my favorite "do as I say, not as I do" moments (so far, of course) for Obama came after the Ft. Hood shootings, when he told everyone they should not jump to conclusions. For example, like saying the Cambridge police "acted stupidly" before finding out the details of the arrest of his buddy.

Why did it take them so long to do this? Kind of late in the game don't you think C-SPAN?

Just another media outlet that decided it was more important to keep silent and lose their credibility rather than anger the chosen one.

You know, these are the kinds of posts that make people poke fun at conservatives' idiocy. I'm glad C-SPAN called him out on this broken promise, and I'm sure they -- like everyone else -- heard about the Pelosi and Reid Health Care Negotiation Dungeon plans over the holiday and waited until today to release it because doing it any sooner would have fallen more silently than it did today.

Why did it take them so long to do this? Kind of late in the game don't you think C-SPAN?

Just another media outlet that decided it was more important to keep silent and lose their credibility rather than anger the chosen one.

C-SPAN bad........ <_<

Realistically, does Obama really have ANY control over what idiots like Nancy and Harry do? Can he really do anything about thier little love party? Could he do anything other than publically call for them to publicize thier meetings? I realize he would be reluctant to do so because of party lines, but wouldn't that clear him on this one?

Realistically, does Obama really have ANY control over what idiots like Nancy and Harry do? Can he really do anything about thier little love party? Could he do anything other than publically call for them to publicize thier meetings? I realize he would be reluctant to do so because of party lines, but wouldn't that clear him on this one?

Realistically, Obama made the promise that his very existence would bring full transparency to DC. That's what he got himself elected by saying. There's no "yeah, buts" now.

Of course it was utter BS when he said it, and, of course fools lapped it up instead of....realistically....saying "wait a minute, this guy is ALREADY IN Washington, DC...so HOW is he going to make the opaque processes he is currently participating in suddenly transparent? By coming flying back to DC on a different plane?"

Realistically, its a little lame to try and blame other people when you screw up sooooo badly. And, realistically, no way in hell Obama is going to let Rahm Emanuel and the rest of his little barking dogs operate in front of a camera....not because they would be intimidating...because please...intimidating? Hardly. Rather, because they are so clearly hapless when it comes to understanding how business/the economy in general works. Having the cameras on hand would be like taking Economics 110 from home, but doing it with Horshack(70's), Kelly Bundy(80's), Tommy Boy(90's) in the classroom.

Step right up and watch him lie eight freaking times...

If I were Fox News I'd have a closed door running clock counter in the corner of the screen when the house and senate close the doors to begin their corrupt "business as usual" work.

If I were Fox News I'd have a closed door running clock counter in the corner of the screen when the house and senate close the doors to begin their corrupt "business as usual" work.

It's just 8, it's not as if he lied 9 times.

Yeah but that was before Barry realized that the American people (for the most part) wouldn't support his idea that a single payer system would be widely embraced. I'm sure he is genuinely dumbfounded by the revelation that Americans don't want the Government to step in and control their lives. I'm sure he is equally dumbfounded that Americans feel (for the most part) that we are the land of equal opportunity and not the land of equal achievment. He must also be dumbfounded that evil terrorists and States that sponsor terrorism have not responded to his friendly and apologetic appeals and that they are stepping up their attacks on Americans. Lastly, he's certainly dumbfounded that an $800 billion "stimulus" spending plan hasn't stopped an increase in unemployment.

Yeah but that was before Barry realized that the American people (for the most part) wouldn't support his idea that a single payer system would be widely embraced. I'm sure he is genuinely dumbfounded by the revelation that Americans don't want the Government to step in and control their lives. I'm sure he is equally dumbfounded that Americans feel (for the most part) that we are the land of equal opportunity and not the land of equal achievment. He must also be dumbfounded that evil terrorists and States that sponsor terrorism have not responded to his friendly and apologetic appeals and that they are stepping up their attacks on Americans. Lastly, he's certainly dumbfounded that an $800 billion "stimulus" spending plan hasn't stopped an increase in unemployment.

It'll never happen, but I wish he would just tell congress to rip up the over 2,000 page healthcare bill and start over. That this needs to be a truly bipartisan effort. That the far left and the far right must give way to the majority in the middle. Transparency, specificity, let everyone in the country know that back room deals will not be a part of the process. If he did this then his approval ratings would skyrocket. But unfortunately for him, Barry is too liberal for his own good and his liberal tax and spend butt will be gone in 2012 along with all the other democrats who will be "teabagged" in 2010.

It'll never happen, but I wish he would just tell congress to rip up the over 2,000 page healthcare bill and start over. That this needs to be a truly bipartisan effort. That the far left and the far right must give way to the majority in the middle. Transparency, specificity, let everyone in the country know that back room deals will not be a part of the process. If he did this then his approval ratings would skyrocket. But unfortunately for him, Barry is too liberal for his own good and his liberal tax and spend butt will be gone in 2012 along with all the other democrats who will be "teabagged" in 2010.

Actually, they don't have to give way and the American people will never have the guts to force them to. The democrats and republicans know the American people will always choose them over an independent, so they have nothing to fear. Remember, voting for the lesser of two evils instead of the best candidate is the American Way!