Ron Artest and others

Takeo_14

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brandon, this quote sums up exactly what everyone has been trying to tell you for the past two days about your boy Artest:

"The actions of the players involved wildly exceeded the professionalism and self-control that should fairly be expected from NBA players," NBA commissioner David Stern said in a statement, adding that the league must not "allow our sport to be debased by what seem to be declining expectations."

Again, I'm not defending any of the Pacers' actions, but if I'm tailgating with R. Rich, Thailog, Lori and others from TBD, and some Dolphins fans comes up and throws a drink and a cup in one of our faces, I'm taking part in any action that defends our group.

I keep hearing this argument, but it's not the same. When you are tailgating you don't have 20 cops that would take care of the person for you within 60 seconds. When you are at a bills game and something goes flying you have 20 yellow coats in your section within 2 minutes and the person gets thrown out.

And if someone threw a plastic cup at a tailgate from 20 feet away, and you went up and indiscriminitely started fighting them, you are probably going to jail.

I keep hearing this argument, but it's not the same. When you are tailgating you don't have 20 cops that would take care of the person for you within 60 seconds. When you are at a bills game and something goes flying you have 20 yellow coats in your section within 2 minutes and the person gets thrown out.

And if someone threw a plastic cup at a tailgate from 20 feet away, and you went up and indiscriminitely started fighting them, you are probably going to jail.

127647[/snapback]

I agree with you there.

I think Artest deserves this suspension for more then just 1 reason: I really think a message needed to be sent to the NBA players that NO action like this will be tolerated. But also, the FANS involved need to be punished severely too, its amazing to think that FANS need to be sent a message as well, but they do.

I remember a few years ago when LindyRuff was hit with a cup filled with ice at the end of a Sabres playoff series in Philadelphia and Lindy went ballistic, I think he grabbed James Patrick's stick and you can tell he wanted to use it against the fan, but the plexiglass was just too high for Lindy to get very far. Now, if that glass wasnt so high, I bet Lindy would have used that stick. Now for all the Sabres fans on this board like myself, what if Lindy pelted the fan with the stick and hurt that fan? Would you have the same rage against Lindy as you do Artest???

127647[/snapback]

Point taken.

Now for all the Sabres fans on this board like myself, what if Lindy pelted the fan with the stick and hurt that fan? Would you have the same rage against Lindy as you do Artest???

that is a great point, and does put it in perspective.

The winners of this ugly situation edn up being the losers who threw the cup, because he (she) likely wanted to really start something. They certainly did, they completely eliminated Indiana from the playoff race, 9 games into the season.

Way to go Stern, you just rewarded the fans of Detroit, whose behavior was as bad as the players.

I'm no fan of the NBA, let alone Ron Artest and Indiana but the punishment was a joke, because the Detriot fans win simply because the

NBA eliminated there biggest challanger.