I Listed 9 Players In Draft That Would Fit

It's extremely early to be speculating, with more bowl games to be followed by the NFL combine, pro days, individual workouts, etc., but right now it looks like there's 8 top prospects that out-value the remaining players:

Sam Bradford - QB/Oklahoma

Ndamukong Suh - DT/Nebraska

Eric Berry - S/Tennessee

Russell Okung - OT/Oklahoma State

Rolando McClain - LB/Alabama

Jimmy Claussen - QB/Notre Dame

Joe Haden - CB/Florida

The OP mentioned OTs Williams and Campbell, but I can't picture either of them belonging in the top 20 without incredible workouts. So assuming the 8 listed above go in the first 8 picks, Buffalo is looking at one of the following:

Brian Bulaga - OT/Iowa

Carlos Dunlap - DE/Florida

Dez Bryant - WR/Oklahoma State

Brandon Spikes - LB/Florida

Of course, much of this will likely change come April, but that's the school of thought to follow with the draft. The top crop of 6-8 players separate themselves above the rest and get picked in the first 6-8 picks, and then the teams that follow pick for need, based on value.

it seems every year we say that there are x number of top prospects, and that number is invariably one less than wherever we happen to be drafting.

I think its more a product of fan psychology than anything else.

Okung is the best LT in the draft and will likely be taken in the top 5. Bruce Campbell and Anthony Davis are likely to be the next 2 LT's taken. Most have Campbell as the 2nd best LT available and could be gone by the time we pick (I think that Seattle and KC will take LT's). So that leaves Anthony Davis as the best LT available when we pick and I think that any new coaching staff will want to sure up the biggest hole on the O-line with that number 9 pick.

I think going LT with our pick is the smart move as long as one of those top 3 guys are available.

The fact that the Bills have the 9th pick and there are 9 players that would fill major holes immediately is a great sign. I don't believe any of these would be considered a reach.......

QBs

Clausen

Bradford

OTs

Okung

Bruce Campbell

Bryan Bulaga

Trent Williams

DTs

Suh

McCoy

LB

McClain

All good players, but nobody is can't miss unless we know who our coach is and what systems we will run

The fact that the Bills have the 9th pick and there are 9 players that would fill major holes immediately is a great sign. I don't believe any of these would be considered a reach.......

QBs

Clausen

Bradford

Are you serious? Clausen and Bradford are both reaches. The rumor is that Bradford's shoulder is ruined. Here's an outside-the-box "maybe:" The QB from Alabama. And on January 6, we can all watch Dan Lefevour, one of Mike Mayock's favorite QBs, play in a bowl game. He's got the best stats, and he plays outdoors for freakin' Central Michigan, a prime consideration for a Bills QB in me 'umble opinion.

Are you serious? Clausen and Bradford are both reaches. The rumor is that Bradford's shoulder is ruined. Here's an outside-the-box "maybe:" The QB from Alabama. And on January 6, we can all watch Dan Lefevour, one of Mike Mayock's favorite QBs, play in a bowl game. He's got the best stats, and he plays outdoors for freakin' Central Michigan, a prime consideration for a Bills QB in me 'umble opinion.

Where did you see Mayock's rankings? I haven't seen anything on NFL.com yet.