Okay small engine experts

Just Jack

The ex-wife has used the snowblower twice. Both times, it's quit on her (yes I know, she shouldn't have used it in the first place). Pull the spark plug to find it coated with oil, clean it, and it starts right up. So is it something she could be doing, like leaving the choke on too long, or a possible problem with the engine?

Maybe a dumb question (indicative that I'm maybe not so up on small engines), but is it 2 cycle or 4 cycle?

If it's 2 cycle, maybe your mix is off.

(Dumb idea, maybe if it's 4 cycle, she's trying to use 2 cycle fuel mix.)

Why do you care about your ex-wife?

Because it's my snowblower, she was trying to be nice and clean out the driveway while I was out of town.

Maybe a dumb question (indicative that I'm maybe not so up on small engines), but is it 2 cycle or 4 cycle?

If it's 2 cycle, maybe your mix is off.

(Dumb idea, maybe if it's 4 cycle, she's trying to use 2 cycle fuel mix.)

Straight gas, no oil mixing. Without going outside, it's a Toro branded blower, and I remember the printed on the engine is 208cc

She said it just quit on her the other day while using it. I suspect it ran out of fuel. She told me she did put some gas in, but could not get it to start. Today I went to use it, filled the tank, wouldn't start, pulled plug, found it fouled, cleaned it and used the electric start to get it going. Did half the driveway, stopped it to clean off the cars and move them, went to start it again, wouldn't go. Pull plug, clean, use electric start to get it going. Usually I could stop and start it without using the electric starter even if it sat for several days. This blower is about two years old.

Good advice - I'd also recommend servicing the air filter, spark plug lead, and see if control cables need attention.

Never seen a snow blower with an air filter. :flirt: Not sure why either unless it is because there isn't much dust/dirt in snow.

I agree with the new plug. Plus is the oil over-filled, or is it running rich and fouling the plug?