Spying on Your Kids

RU Serious

I have 3 grown kids. They have accepted me as a facebook friend. But I kinda feel like I am spying on them when I go to their pages. Anyone one else in this situation?

They are 19, 23 and 34. All single.

interesting....my daughter, a third year law student in new york, had me as a friend. When I offered some very constructive criticism, I found myself "unfriended" for a time. As she often has very good posts and posts lots of great pics of my grandkids, I learned to keeep my criticisms to myself when I was again "friended". As you can imagine its nice to be on as a friend, but the understanding is that you had better resign yourself to not being too judgmental.

I'm not sure what kind of people you have as friends who use Facebook, but I don't really see how it is used to pick up girls. For awhile I had a facebook and myspace page, but it seemed myspace was more for random hookups and things like that, where facebook seems more adult and a better tool for staying connected with friends and family, not just having the coolest page or the hottest pics...... just my $.02

I know 2 couples that their marriage ended in divorce thru facebook. The one guy at my work & one couple at my wives work. In both instances, the wives got reconnected with an old boyfriend thru facebook, started seeing them behind their spouses back & eventually left their husbands for their old flame. In the case of my friend at work, his wife left him & they had 3 little kids. left them too. Nice huh?

god bless and good luck raising girls in this new information age. i suggest locking them in the basement, away from any internet connection. :rolleyes:

Thank you. So far, so good. As for the computer, we have it in a room near the family room so we can monitor what they are doing. I have resisted getting them a laptop or a computer in their room. We don't often go to stare at their screen, but the placement was meant more as a deterrent to unacceptable behavior on the net.