Not enough coaches?

Cugalabanza

Just curious to hear opinions on this:

This year's game of coaching musical chairs has been a disaster, no doubt. But one of the results that I haven't heard discussed is that the main group of coaches is missing a couple guys. When AVP moved to OC, nobody replaced him as a QB coach. When Perry became HC, he remained the DC as well.

Seems like the last thing this team needed was to have their preparation man-hours stretched even more. You could make a good argument that the Schonert & Jauron firings were addition by subtraction, but what you have left is severely lacking not just in quality, but quantity too.

If you have a solid organization, w/ everyone on the same page, the more, the better. After all, this is a zero sum game which to some extent becomes a battle of brains. The more you can work & the smarter the better. These coaches put in 80+ hr weeks.

Since we appear to have little cohesive strategy, especially on offense, I don't think it matters that we lost an Offensive coach.

That said, I wonder to what extent a few of Fewell's brain farts WRT time mgmt etc (domains typically of the HC) are attributable to him being too busy being DC during the game.

For that reason, I think having April be HC would've been preferable. I can only assume that one of the deciding factors in having Fewell promoted has to do w/ the Rooney Rule.