How many games for Ron Artesticle?

stevestojan

How many games should Ron Artest be suspended?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. How many games should Ron Artest be suspended?

• 0 - My name is BF-In_Indiana
    • Season

I put 10 based on the inevitable appeal that will be filed by the Player's Union once the length of the suspension is released.

As precident they will use the incident in Atlanta (I think?) where the player left the bench and went into the stand because someone VERBALLY assulted him. He was only suspended 10 games. They Player's Union will argue that what Artest did was similar and thus the suspension should be the same.

I think the suspension is initially 30 games but gets reduced to 10. Just a hunch.

I think he did it on purpose so he could get his vacation. I say suspend him until his trial is over. If I were the guy in the black shirt & glasses holding a plastic cup (which means he obviously wasn't the one who threw the PLASTIC CUP at Artest) who got punched by Artest for no reason, I would press full charges. This guy wanted a vacation. He was looking for anything to get suspended for. He got it. I'd suspend him for the rest of the season. The NBA will probably give him 5 games.

Artest should be suspended for a season AT LEAST! Kermit Washington was suspended for 60 days without pay and paid a $10,000 fine for punching Rudy T-but that was back when the NBA had some balls. They will coward out to the players union and Artest will get another slap on the wrist. BTW I was always a huge Ben Wallace fan! You are the man Ben! Thanks!

Artest should be suspended for a season AT LEAST!  Kermit Washington was suspended for 60 days without pay and paid a $10,000 fine for punching Rudy T-but that was back when the NBA had some balls.  They will coward out to the players union and Artest will get another slap on the wrist.  BTW I was always a huge Ben Wallace fan!  You are the man Ben!  Thanks!

126635[/snapback]

Kermit ,also, almost killed Rudy T

Kermit ,also, almost killed Rudy T

126641[/snapback]

So Kermit knew how to throw a punch. The act should be punished but not the skill. Just because Jermaine Oneil and his cronies throw punches like Queer Guy for the Straight Guy should not be relevent. Jermaine Oneil should of killed that kid and steven whatever his name is basically threw a sucker punch. People that had nothing to do with the beer throwing got hit. The NBA is 99% punks

So Kermit knew how to throw a punch.  The act should be punished but not the skill.  Just because Jermaine Oneil and his cronies throw punches like Queer Guy for the Straight Guy should not be relevent.  Jermaine Oneil should of killed that kid and steven whatever his name is basically threw a sucker punch.  People that had nothing to do with the beer throwing got hit.  The NBA is 99% punks

126645[/snapback]

Woah woah woah....JO throws punches like a sissy? I assume you missed his punch to that fat guys chin that knocked him out cold with one hit? Say what you will about the fight, but JO ain't no queer eye dude.

Woah woah woah....JO throws punches like a sissy? I assume you missed his punch to that fat guys chin that knocked him out cold with one hit? Say what you will about the fight, but JO ain't no queer eye dude.

126648[/snapback]

Ooops, I have not really seen good video of it yet-I am waiting for Sportscenter. I worked all day, heard all about it and have only seen some poor quality video on the internet. ONeil should of killed that kid. I mean he is a monster professional athlete fighting an non athletic spectator. If he knocked him out cold I take back my comment directed at him. If thats the case whats the difference between him and Kermit? IMO ONeils is much worse because it involved a spectator

Ooops, I have not really seen good video of it yet-I am waiting for Sportscenter. I worked all day, heard all about it and have only seen some poor quality video on the internet.  ONeil should of killed that kid.  I mean he is a monster professional athlete fighting an non athletic spectator.  If he knocked him out cold I take back my comment directed at him.  If thats the case whats the difference between him and Kermit?  IMO ONeils is much worse because it involved a spectator

126651[/snapback]

Here's my take and obviously you may not agree:

I think that the players going into the stands were out of line. I can understand getting caught up in the emotion of the game and I do hate obnoxious fans who think they can act however they want just because they paid X dollars for a ticket. However, they (the players) deserve to be punished. You simply cannot go into the stands and start a fist fight. PERIOD.

Here is where I draw the line....

The guy JO hit came ONTO THE COURT. Just as I don't think the players should go into the stands, I think it then hypocritical to give a pass to fans coming onto the court seeking players out. One guy came onto the court and started coming at Artest. Ron looked at him and then decked him. Similar situation with JO. I think these guys should get long suspensions but if fans want to come on the court, I have no sympathy for them WHATSOEVER! If that fat dude who JO dropped somehow gets depicted as a victim or godforbid gets some money out of this then in my mind, that is equally as disgraceful as the players jumping into the stands.

peace

I agree with you Bart. Fans on the court got what they deserved and players who go in the stands deserve whatever happens to them. That being said the players are at fault. Whoever threw the beer is a punk but that is no excuse to go into the stands. All bets are off then. If one of those thugs hit my brother or buddy I would want a piece of them. Especially that Steven Jackson sucker punch. I could understand if someone went on the court for looking for justice. Not saying that is the smartest move but I understand it. Not sure why those fans were on the floor

yeah, but it was still a suckerpunch. The guy was looking the other way and was being held by two people.

good one jermaine.

126657[/snapback]

OK now I have seen the video a dozen times. That was a suckerpunch. Big man Jermaine- I am not impressed. It takes a lot of courage to hit a man not looking who is being held by two people

I agree with you Bart.  Fans on the court got what they deserved and players who go in the stands deserve whatever happens to them.  That being said the players are at fault.  Whoever threw the beer is a punk but that is no excuse to go into the stands.  All bets are off then.  If one of those thugs hit my brother or buddy I would want a piece of them.  Especially that Steven Jackson sucker punch.  I could understand if someone went on the court for looking for justice.  Not saying that is the smartest move but I understand it.  Not sure why those fans were on the floor

126659[/snapback]

Wasn't RA run into the stands the cause of why the fans were on the court?

Wouldn't you wanna get some "fresh air"... I am not doubting their were trouble maker fans... BUT ONLY AFTER RA'S DASH.

Cause and effect.

RA... walks away and doesn't play the "tough guy"/"bad arse" role... Things calm down.

You guys defending RA? What is your take on the Byran Cox/Bills spats in the past? Would it have been fine for Cox to have run up the steps at the Rich?

Come on... You can't say nobody ever tried to throw something at him? What are your takes on snowballs???

Just because the fans are arses... Doesn't make the athlete go into the crowd.

I love how everyone wants to make an example of Ron Artest for doing what most people would in that situation.

126681[/snapback]

I don't think most people would pick a fight with 22,000 people? You might be a real bad arse but, that is just plain stupid.

He plays the high ground here and comes out smelling like a rose. Because of his indiscretion, he yanks the Detroit fans off the hook.

I guess you gotta think that you a infallible to reach these athletic heights?

It is a business first and foremost.

Always the high ground brother!

I love how everyone wants to make an example of Ron Artest for doing what most people would in that situation.

126681[/snapback]

I don't think most people would pick a fight with 22,000 people? You might be a real bad arse but, that is just plain stupid.

He plays the high ground here and comes out smelling like a rose. Because of his indiscretion, he yanks the Detroit fans off the hook.

I guess you gotta think that you a infallible to reach these athletic heights?

It is a business first and foremost.

Always the high ground brother!

He plays the high ground here and comes out smelling like a rose.  Because of his indiscretion, he yanks the Detroit fans off the hook.

126687[/snapback]

This is the truest thing ever. The real shame is that Artest really WAS doing everything to avoid the scuffle. He didn't push Ben back and he didnt involve himself in the skirmish.

THEN he F*cked it all up.....

He really had a chance to help his image and the image of bball in general. The Detroit fan who threw the cup would have come out looking the piece of sh*t he/she was that night and RA would have come out with a lot more respect from fans everywhere.

Im not saying that I might would have acted any differently. Who knows? I might have lost my cool too. The bottom line is that he had a golden opportunity and he didnt take it.

The silver lining for him though is that Allure and TruWarier records just a got a "Desperate Houswives" dose of free publicity.

This is the truest thing ever. The real shame is that Artest really WAS doing everything to avoid the scuffle. He didn't push Ben back and he didnt involve himself in the skirmish.

THEN he F*cked it all up.....

He really had a chance to help his image and the image of bball in general. The Detroit fan who threw the cup would have come out looking the piece of sh*t he/she was that night and RA would have come out with a lot more respect from fans everywhere.

Im not saying that I might would have acted any differently. Who knows? I might have lost my cool too. The bottom line is that he had a golden opportunity and he didnt take it.

The silver lining for him though is that Allure and TruWarier records just a got a "Desperate Houswives" dose of free publicity.

126713[/snapback]

Exactly... That is my whole point!

I think there is more chance than any that the fan threw the object because HE WAS ARTEST!

He gains absolutely no respect except from the blind Pacer fans and few others.

Again... This sounds all too familar in the way things are handled nowadays!