Rush Limbaugh hospitalized

You've made a poor assumption of my intent. I'd welcome any lib to come in and sit down and have an ideological discussion on current issues. None of the left leaners on this board are willing (or able) to post tangible reasons why they (or nthe rest of us should) support the policies of Obama and this congress. I'd love to hear the benefits vs the cost of the recovery act, mortgage bailout program, proposed cap and trade, proposed health care, the recent 2nd proposed stimulus.

On another note, Rush looks healthy and ready to return to work.

Well, saving the banks saved us all a lot of problems. Had they not done that there might have been another great depression.

I'm interested about the cap and trade. I believe in global warming, but even if it was totally made up I just don't see the problem with more clean air. How will cap and trade hurt America?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are the kind of mindless zombie that the Republican Party loves. They scare the living sh** out of you with lies, and then you vote for who they tell you to. It's a match made in heaven if ever there was one.

You do realize that you are every bit as much of a sheep as the Republicans? You are a mindless partisan hack, exactly like the zombies you deride as inferior.

Watching you stand in front of a mirror and rip on your own reflection is pretty funny. :devil:

You do realize that you are every bit as much of a sheep as the Republicans? You are a mindless partisan hack, exactly like the zombies you deride as inferior.

Watching you stand in front of a mirror and rip on your own reflection is pretty funny. :devil:

The so-called "Independents" might be the worst of the lot, if you ask me.

Well, saving the banks saved us all a lot of problems. Had they not done that there might have been another great depression.

He didn't say anything about "saving the banks". Not that it would matter since what you're referring to occurred during the Bush administration

Watching you stand in front of a mirror and rip on your own reflection is pretty funny. :lol:

He's worse. He believes WTC7 was brought down by explosives, not a big chunk of one of the towers.

I'm interested about the cap and trade. I believe in global warming, but even if it was totally made up I just don't see the problem with more clean air. How will cap and trade hurt America?

Do you even know what cap and trade is about? DId you know that according to the EIA, which is the ENergy Information Administration that under 9 different test case scenarios that Cap and Trade would be a Net Job Killer in all 9 of them? Ranging anywhere between 200,000 to 2.4 million jobs over the next 20 years?

According to the CBO, they also find that it will cost our economy jobs.

Why? Because the way the Cap and trade system would work it would heavily tax companies that emit green house gasses, which would effectively kill off certain industries.

All those green jobs that BO promises are nothing but a pipe dream, sure it would produce some jobs, but we would lose more than we would gain. I've posted this topic before with actual links and etc.

Do you have any idea what this would do to gasoline prices? What Cap and trade would do is heavily tax gasoline refineries, just so you know and contrary to popular belief, gasoline refineries don't make that much money. Just look at the stock prices of Valero and Tesoro and the proof is in the pudding. It is estimated that anywhere between 3-10 gasoline refineries would go under due to this piece of legislation. We already have a shortage of refineries, and every single refinery that would go under would add on to the price of gasoline. Gasoline prices would go considerably higher.

What about home energy costs? It is estimated that home energy costs by 2014 would be anywhere between $250-$1200 a year higher under this law.

Why do you think that the Chamber of Commerce is against Cap and Trade? What is their motivation? Think about that for a second.

We can do all sorts of things to have cleaner air without killing jobs. We can start building more nuclear, solar and wind plants. We can use cleaner buring coals, we can make vehicles more energy efficient. Hell we should even consider building vehicles that run off of Natural Gas, they do it in South America and it is a whole hell of a lot cheaper and cleaner.

We can do all sorts of things to emit less pollution, but this bill would be disastrous.

Look up EIA and Cap and Trade, or CBO and Cap and trade, or even Fact check and Cap and trade.

These are three non partisan views of the effects of Cap and trade, it's good to educate yourself.

I'd love to know who it is that herds me. I hate every Democrat except for like 5 of them.

Those 5 Democrats that you like seem to like turn out to be the same ones you end up defending

But you're not a zombie lemming, right? You like the Democrats for the right reasons and only oppose the corrupt Democrats for the wrong reasons

So do you like Grape, Cherry, or Fruit Punch Kool-Aid®

This is a joke, right?

There is definitely a growing number of conservative radio and television personallities now that this Obamanation is in Office and as we regroup to take it all back after this failed experiment, they bring the raw truth to your ears. You can always tell who is the biggests threat to the Lib/Dem way because they will attack Rush, Hannity, Beck, O'reilly. It is important the real motives behind their "stealthy agendas" never surface. Starting in 2010 mid-term elections will show that we are back on track and then finally in 2012 we will get a real President. Enjoy you 15 minutes libs ...there almost over!

Would you actually listen? I gave up long ago debating with you folks because you guys just all seem to plug your ears and say go "lalalala-I'm-not-listening". So I resorted just to mocking you. I was a formerly a republican only voter, I've switched and not without reason. I don't love the dems, but they are the lesser of two evils. And I view republicans as extraordinarily evil, using any tactic they can to manipulate you. And it works, and that makes me sad.

Raise your hand if you believe Conner.

Why do you think that the Chamber of Commerce is against Cap and Trade? What is their motivation? Think about that for a second.

We can do all sorts of things to have cleaner air without killing jobs. We can start building more nuclear, solar and wind plants. We can use cleaner buring coals, we can make vehicles more energy efficient. Hell we should even consider building vehicles that run off of Natural Gas, they do it in South America and it is a whole hell of a lot cheaper and cleaner.

We can do all sorts of things to emit less pollution, but this bill would be disastrous.

Look up EIA and Cap and Trade, or CBO and Cap and trade, or even Fact check and Cap and trade.

These are three non partisan views of the effects of Cap and trade, it's good to educate yourself.

The Chamber of Commerce cares nothing about preserving jobs. Its goal is to reduce labor costs, period. That said, even you admit we need changes and I see this cap and trade as a way to push us toward change. Higher gas prices are a good thing in my opinion. They help the country. I don't care if that's unpopular. Most people want everything and don't want to pay for it.

As for this bill being "disasterous," save it for a tea bag party. I figured you guys would move quickly from the health care bill being "disasterous" to completely forgetting about it to move to the next hysterical Conservative "cause." Namely, promoting pollution.

There is definitely a growing number of conservative radio and television personallities now that this Obamanation is in Office and as we regroup to take it all back after this failed experiment, they bring the raw truth to your ears. You can always tell who is the biggests threat to the Lib/Dem way because they will attack Rush, Hannity, Beck, O'reilly. It is important the real motives behind their "stealthy agendas" never surface. Starting in 2010 mid-term elections will show that we are back on track and then finally in 2012 we will get a real President. Enjoy you 15 minutes libs ...there almost over!

So, all these right wing celebrities on tv, radio, in print and all the websites didn't exist before BHO was elected?

The Chamber of Commerce cares nothing about preserving jobs. Its goal is to reduce labor costs, period. That said, even you admit we need changes and I see this cap and trade as a way to push us toward change. Higher gas prices are a good thing in my opinion. They help the country. I don't care if that's unpopular. Most people want everything and don't want to pay for it.

As for this bill being "disasterous," save it for a tea bag party. I figured you guys would move quickly from the health care bill being "disasterous" to completely forgetting about it to move to the next hysterical Conservative "cause." Namely, promoting pollution.

:thumbdown: ok

Well yeah. Exactly. Reasons that are as well researched and vetted as I have the time to put into such things.

Two words:

Bill !@#$ing Nye.

If you ever had a well-researched and vetted opinion, it would die of loneliness.

So, all these right wing celebrities on tv, radio, in print and all the websites didn't exist before BHO was elected?

Obama and company are expanding the market by handing these guys so much material on a daily basis. Never before have guys like Rush, Hannity and Levin had so much opportunity. These guys must be giggling every morning when they wake up and see the news of the day. It's a non-stop stream of opportunity. If they were publically traded companies, I'd invest a bunch in them.

Go long on Republicans in November. It's amazing how irresponsible the Democrats have been with the power they worked so hard to get.

Obama and company are expanding the market by handing these guys so much material on a daily basis. Never before have guys like Rush, Hannity and Levin had so much opportunity. These guys must be giggling every morning when they wake up and see the news of the day. It's a non-stop stream of opportunity. If they were publically traded companies, I'd invest a bunch in them.

Go long on Republicans in November. It's amazing how irresponsible the Democrats have been with the power they worked so hard to get.

Don't bother, he's an idiot.