It is time for Ralph to do the right thing and SELL

Coach Tuesday

Yes I'm crying that the sky is falling already, and yes this isn't terribly interesting or novel of a concept, but I think the point deserves its own (recent) thread. With the evidence mounting that there will be no big shakeup at OBD, only minor tweaks here and there, and the Bills situation proving completely toxic to proven winners like Shanny, Gruden, Holmgren and Cowher, it's clear what the Elephant in the Room consists of:

Ralph Wilson, the 91 year-old, cash-to-cap-stricken, meddlesome owner, who refuses to do the right thing for the state of this franchise and SELL IT.

It's clear that Ralph's age and reputation (not to mention cash-to-cap policies) have made this situation inhospitable for the "big name" coaches. But putting the "big name" issue aside, Ralph's seeming unwillingness to clean house and purge a rotten personnel department (or at least to do so before hiring a coach) shows me that he still does not understand team-building in today's NFL. You need to build an organization carefully, with solid leadership and a single philosophy regarding scheme and player procurement that permeates the entire organization. You can't do that by hiring piecemeal and making minor tweaks year after year. Anoyone who has ever succeeded in the business world understands this, but Ralph (who must have forgotten his business acumen over the years) absolutely does not.

Ralph is running this organization like a used car franchise - a T.O. signing here, a Flutie signing there, a Jauron firing here, a McGahee pick there, anything to get each season's cars off of the shelves.

It HAS to stop. (For one, we need to stop buying tickets for this garbage like crazed lemmings.)

Ralph needs to finally do the right thing. The only way this organization's fortunes will change is if he sells the team. It HAS to happen. Each year it does not happen is another year of futility. I know he has his reasons for not selling (including tax liability), but in the process he is holding all of WNY hostage. If he truly cares about WNY and the future of this team, he'll pull the trigger and get rid of it. And at this point, I don't even care so much about whether or not the Bills stay in Buffalo. If keeping them here means enduring another decade of this nonsense, I'd rather they moved.

So there is my vent, thanks for indulging me.

Probably the only thing keeping him alive... so the answer is NO.

Ralph’s not going to sell because he would have to pay capital gains taxes and inheritance taxes at the time of the transfer of his estate. When he passes on, capital gains are exempt and only inheritance taxes apply.

Ralph’s not going to sell because he would have to pay capital gains taxes and inheritance taxes at the time of the transfer of his estate. When he passes on, capital gains are exempt and only inheritance taxes apply.

Understood. But the entire region is being held hostage to Ralph's tax strategy. It's ridiculous. Yes, he has every right to do what he wants with a privately-owned asset, but folks should stop paying for the product in the meantime.

Understood. But the entire region is being held hostage to Ralph's tax strategy. It's ridiculous. Yes, he has every right to do what he wants with a privately-owned asset, but folks should stop paying for the product in the meantime.

It is a lose/lose. As long as Ralph has it, we know it will be challenging to field a competitve team. When he sells the team it will not be long for the Buffalo market.

So there is my vent, thanks for indulging me.

I hope this makes you feel a little better because I'm fairly certain it will have no effect on Ralph or the front office. Maybe we should all take a breath and wait and see what happens during the off season. Like we have some other option.

Yeah Great. Sounds great. If Ralph sells the team this year, in ten years kids will be asking Buffalo who?? They HAD an NFL team. Really?. And they would likely be routing for the LA Astros or the Toronto Thunder.

Can we stop with the Buffalo Whining? Increase ticket prices to where they should be, sell naming rights. If the fans balk and don't pay the money, move the team.

Bottom line the NFL is a business. Don't like it? Find something else to root for, that is the reality of it. When a new owner takes over he is going to increase the ticket prices, then it will be up to Bills fans to decide if they want to keep the team here or not.