Historical Game of the Week

KRC

November 27, 1921: Dayton Triangles vs. Buffalo All-Americans

Linky

Now, you may be wondering why I am covering the Dayton Triangles the week that the Bills are playing the Indianapolis Colts. You can make a connection between today’s Colts and the Dayton Triangles of 1921. Seriously. What, you don’t believe me? Get ready to take a long journey, back to 1913 and the Dayton Cadets.

I know I have been lax in the Historical GOTW's this year. Hopefully, this little history lesson will make up for it.

November 27, 1921: Dayton Triangles vs. Buffalo All-Americans

Linky

I know I have been lax in the Historical GOTW's this year. Hopefully, this little history lesson will make up for it.

You're confused. I asked you for the hysterical game of the week, not historical. The answer is the Bills against Atlanta. :thumbsup:

I'm interested in the name "Triangles". Where did that come from?

Back in those days, teams were formed from players working at the same company (with the company sponsoring the team). In a slightly different twist, the Dayton Triangles were formed from players working at three companies in downtown Dayton: Dayton Engineering Laboratories Company (DELCO), Dayton Metal Products Company and the Domestic Engineering Company. The plants for these three companies formed an "industrial triangle" in downtown Dayton. All three companies were started by patent attorney F.B. MacNab.