Fox will be asked to return

plenzmd1

HMM, wonder if that is just a face saving move for Richardson and Hunley..my gut tells me if this is true, Fox will be available..I thought they would keep him..I like him if he hires a good OC

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) -- Injury-riddled and out of the playoff race before December, the Carolina Panthers seemed certain to have their first season of at least 10 losses under coach John Fox.

Instead, they're playing their best football of the season, just in time for the embattled Fox to have a shot at returning in 2010.

A day after the Panthers (7-8) routed the New York Giants for their third win in four games, The Charlotte Observer reported Fox and general manager Marty Hurney will be "offered the opportunity to return next season" by owner Jerry Richardson.

However, the report Monday said Fox will not be given a contract extension. He's due to make more than $6 million in 2010, the final season of his deal.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/foot...l#ixzz0b5GLqKDR

Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription

HMM, wonder if that is just a face saving move for Richardson and Hunley..my gut tells me if this is true, Fox will be available..I thought they would keep him..I like him if he hires a good OC

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) -- Injury-riddled and out of the playoff race before December, the Carolina Panthers seemed certain to have their first season of at least 10 losses under coach John Fox.

Instead, they're playing their best football of the season, just in time for the embattled Fox to have a shot at returning in 2010.

A day after the Panthers (7-8) routed the New York Giants for their third win in four games, The Charlotte Observer reported Fox and general manager Marty Hurney will be "offered the opportunity to return next season" by owner Jerry Richardson.

However, the report Monday said Fox will not be given a contract extension. He's due to make more than $6 million in 2010, the final season of his deal.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/foot...l#ixzz0b5GLqKDR

Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription

If we hire fox I am done with this team. He sucks ass. He is just one step above Jauron.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out. When do all the assistant coaches contracts run out, also in 2010? Or do some run out this year?? Typcially assistants contracts are for two years, so would think they'd run out in 2010, but likely some may be over after this season. That's always been the argument as to why you can't allow a ocach to go to their last year in a contract as it becomes inpossible to hire any assistants. So maybe Carolina tells Fox he can stay but needs to fire these three guys. Fox refuses as he knows his hands are tied and would have trouble hiring anyone to replace them so by the end of next week, he is fired or resigns. I've seen this before.