Bill Polian

buffalo_bills

I guess you didn't watch yesterday's game. They looked very similar to the Bills when Manning was on the bench: suspect oline, struggle to run the ball, and couldn't get the ball to it's playmakers. Switch Peyton and our crapfest at QB, we are the playoff team and the Colts are the ones who are 5-9. It's that simple.

Are you kidding?

Manning is the best, but he was not the only one sitting--I guess you didn't watch the whole game.

As for simply switching QBS, you should probably familiarize yourself with the rest of the Colts roster. We are not a Peyton Manning away from the Colts.

It's not even close. Wow.

I gave a passing glance at a few of the Colt message boards today and Bill Polian is getting absolutely skewered by the Colt fans. They are calling him every name in the book because of his granting Rex Ryan's Christmas wishes, handing the game to the Jets on a silver platter, upsetting the locker room and blowing a run at NFL history. That "white flag" decision by Polian may well have ruined their season.

I think Colt fans would happily give him to us for a roll of tape right about now.

:thumbsup:

I would hazard a guess that if you put an electric fence in front of Fitzy he would still have trouble making throws. Manning would be good with any line in front of him. I am sure that this will get twisted to the extreme, so let me clarify, any line in the NFL...so an OL that consists of 5 Gary Coleman clones does now count in this example.

Rodgers is good with a line that is suspect, as is, I hate to say this, Ben. Guys that know how to escape danger, and make throws....and if there is nothing, throw it away. This is different than what we are seeing. I am struggling to really think of a good thrown this year, let alone a throw outside of the pocket. Unfortunately, I am all too familiar with the "roll up and take the sack" position that our QB's go into. When we have gone with a moving pocket, we have had at least a little success...now, it the QB would realize that when the ship is sinking, you have to swim.

I do not, by any means, think that our line is ready for prime time, nor do I discount the importance of an OL. I am just stating that a QB like Peyton is good...period. Good QBs make their lines look better, and vice versa, but to say that Peyton wouldn't be a good QB without a line is, in my opinion, incorrect.

I sincerely hope that we can AVP. I like Pitt, I respect all of AVP's time with the organization, but let's call a spade a spade. I am not fine with him being returned to QB's coach either, we are obviously far behind the curve in QB development. AVP, gentleman, nice guy, not cut-out for the NFL.

Another poster that thinks super star QB's can get it done behind any O line...

The Colts have allowed the least sacks of any team in the NFL (12), just remember this fact when they play a team that gets to Manning and causes him to hurry throws, hits him often enough to cause INT's.

Everyone thinks that because Rothlisberger and Rodgers take a bunch of sacks they play behind inferior O lines, not true. Both those O lines are 10x better then the Bills, in experience and talent.

The NFL network did a special on those two QB's and showed they hold on to the ball to long and wait for a receiver to get open, that is when they most often get sacked, they cause most of their own problems. Rodgers play improved dramatically once the starting Left O tackle returned from an injury.

This season is marked by Big Ben getting a concussion and the Steeler's losing games because he is on the sidelines.

This Buffalo Bills team has allowed 102 QB hits and 46 sacks, I would think that sack total would be higher if someone other then (whom the fans here lovingly call) "captain checkdown" played QB most of the season. Those stats put this Bills O line as the #2nd worst line in the NFL.