Obama's "reaction" to Iran's civilian slayings.

See, LA, this is how it works.

What you read above is an incredibly stupid, reactionary criticism to the politician the poster didn't vote for. You accuse me of stupidity, but then sit idle while insanely melodramatic comments like this float around and cheapen the discussion.

But, since this place is a conservative love-fest, and since you don't want to disagree with him, you let it slide. Enter, The Big Cat.

what in the world are you taking about?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on, buddy, LA has already re-proven in this thread that conservatives don't have a sense FOR humor, but I don't like to paint with a broad brush, so don't give me a reason to accuse you of being illiterate, too.

FWIW, I got the sarcasm. Now, a question for you. Where is the liberal outrage and protest for the events that are taking place in Iran? Aren't liberals supposed to be peace loving, pro-human rights, and anti-government oppression? They certainly are when it comes to terror suspects in Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo. Does that same liberal compassion not apply to innocent citizens protesting a tyrannical government?

Allow me to answer that for you. There is no mass concern because CNN, NPR, MSNBC, Janeane Garofalo, and Michael Moore are not telling you to be concerned. Typical liberal hypocrisy at it's finest. Sheep will be sheep.

Iranian protests

Video

I included the video because it's important to see the heartless and passionless manner in which our commander in chief delivers his lip service.

Here's the text with my comments in blue.

Before I leave, let me also briefly (briefly? Oh absolutely, sorry you had to be pulled off of the Hawaiian links over such trivial matters as an "isolated extremest" attempting to blow up an airliner on Christmas and innocent civilian protesters being gunned down by their own government in the streets of Teheran) address the events that have taken place over the last few days in the Islamic Republic of Iran (Iran would suffice, we realize they're Islamic.). The United States joins with the international community (I'm so glad that we are joiners God forbid we act like leaders and do anything unilaterally) in strongly condemning (We have verbal condemnation, and that is a good thing. :thumbsup: ) the violent and unjust suppression of innocent Iranian citizens, which has apparently resulted in detentions, injuries, and even death.

For months, the Iranian people have sought nothing more than to exercise their universal rights. Each time they have done so, they have been met with the iron fist of brutality, even on solemn occasions and holy days.(Yeah, if you're going to kill freedom loving citizens in the streets, it's much more appropriate to do it on an average weekday.)And each time that has happened, the world has watched with deep admiration for the courage and the conviction of the Iranian people who are part of Iran's great and enduring civilization. (We're getting very civilized video footage out of Iran these days but very polite of you to pay the country a compliment.)

What's taking place within Iran is not about the United States or any other country.(It's not? Is that what Ronald Reagan would say or even Bush 1 or 2?) It's about the Iranian people and their aspirations for justice and a better life for themselves. And the decision of Iran's leaders to govern through fear and tyranny will not succeed in making those aspirations go away.

As I said in Oslo, it's telling when governments fear the aspirations of their own people more than the power of any other nation. (You're no JFK buddy.)

Along with all free nations, the United States stands with those who seek their universal rights. We call upon the Iranian government to abide by the international obligations (like discontinuing their uranium enrichment and missile test firings?) that it has to respect the rights of its own people. (Or what???)

We call for the immediate release of all who have been unjustly detained within Iran. We will continue to bear witness to the extraordinary events that are taking place there.(Now that may be the first honest statement to come out of your mouth in the past two years. I firmly believe that all you will do is stand back and watch.) And I'm confident that history will be on the side of those who seek justice. (There you have it, fight the power people, die in the streets, and history will be on your side. Move along, nothing to see here.)

What weak comments by a very weak and small man. This guy wouldn't recognize an opportunity for true greatness if it slapped him in the face.

Yes and Bush should have left the classroom immediately.....that's where I categorize this rubbish as well...........

FWIW, I got the sarcasm. Now, a question for you. Where is the liberal outrage and protest for the events that are taking place in Iran? Aren't liberals supposed to be peace loving, pro-human rights, and anti-government oppression? They certainly are when it comes to terror suspects in Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo. Does that same liberal compassion not apply to innocent citizens protesting a tyrannical government?

Allow me to answer that for you. There is no mass concern because CNN, NPR, MSNBC, Janeane Garofalo, and Michael Moore are not telling you to be concerned. Typical liberal hypocrisy at it's finest. Sheep will be sheep.

Sorry, but you're off base on this. Obama has been very clear from the very beginning that he was going to implement his Sally Fields Foreign Policy Plan. There should be absolutely no surprise that the left is quiet about the dozens of Iranian dissidents being killed by the government because they are confident that Obama's approach will ultimately make the leaders of Iran like us more, and thereby change their way of governing. It just takes time. Because governing is hard. And there is no silver bullet. And we've had eight years of cowboy politics to clean up.

Hope takes time. Change takes time. And the relatively small number of protesters being killed in Iran pales in comparison to the long-term good of America's relationship with Iran.

Sorry, but you're off base on this. Obama has been very clear from the very beginning that he was going to implement his Sally Fields Foreign Policy Plan. There should be absolutely no surprise that the left is quiet about the dozens of Iranian dissidents being killed by the government because they are confident that Obama's approach will ultimately make the leaders of Iran like us more, and thereby change their way of governing. It just takes time. Because governing is hard. And there is no silver bullet. And we've had eight years of cowboy politics to clean up.

Hope takes time. Change takes time. And the relatively small number of protesters being killed in Iran pales in comparison to the long-term good of America's relationship with Iran.

Sad but true. :thumbsup:

Lob two dozen cruise missiles at their nuclear program.

Because killing dozens is the only acceptable response to killing dozens.

Cruise missles make him no less of a p*ssy than Clinton. There is no appropriate reaction when you are unpatriotic and hate the president and the US of muthafukin A.

If the Iranian government is to be overthrown, it is the place of the Iranian people to do that, not ours. And if they do it, they should be able to implement any form of government they want, not one that is forced upon them.

Unfortunately, people, innocent civilians die when things like this happen.

I'll start to take this more seriously when you start to complain about Myanmar and Sudan as well.