The Patriot Act comes up for renewal on 12/31......

Do you think President Obama will renew the patriot act? Do you think he should? I wonder if the latest act of terrorism is just a coincidence with the deadline of the Patriot act coming up. I am curious to know the opinions from all side of the political spectrum are.

I know, Bush bad. But what is your opinion on BO reinstating it?

He'll only renew it based on the recent events. Otherwise, he'd wave goodbye to it because Obama is all about social and economic justice for the unproductive class. He has no clue about national security, economics or foreign relations. Not a fukking clue.

Even I have to lol at Jim's comment.

Wow.

If this were a real functioning govt (on both sides) they would review the Act as a whole, revise as necessary, and pass a new version of it that law enforcement is comfortable with, yet doesnt get the ACLU-types all pissy.

But cant have THAT....mkaes too much sense.

If this were a real functioning govt (on both sides) they would review the Act as a whole, revise as necessary, and pass a new version of it that law enforcement is comfortable with, yet doesnt get the ACLU-types all pissy.

I think that's what should and will happen. There will be some modifications but in general it will be renewed. But this type of legislation should never be made permanent, it should be up for review and revision every few years.

I think that's what should and will happen. There will be some modifications but in general it will be renewed. But this type of legislation should never be made permanent, it should be up for review and revision every few years.

I doubt there'll be that much revision. Lots of public statements about it beforehand, and lots of "see, we changed it, because we truly care about the American people" afterwards - but little material revision.

He'll only renew it based on the recent events. Otherwise, he'd wave goodbye to it because Obama is all about social and economic justice for the unproductive class. He has no clue about national security, economics or foreign relations. Not a fukking clue.

That's certainly a telling phrase, my lord. Does god tell you to dislike the ghetto-dwellers more than the trailer trash or the other way round?

I gotta give credit where credit is due.

Props to Pelosi and the Most Ethical Congress Ever

The Senate wanted to sneak provisions into the bloated defense bill that recently passed, but the House blocked it

Stuff like this should be debated in public and not slid into some amendment to a larger bill

For real! I pointed this out a couple of weeks ago, and whoever opposed this legislation, the libs say "you see, they opposed funding for our troops", in which they have already begun doing this by placing robo calls here in florida against the Diaz Balart Brothers who are both in congress.

Would anything in the Patriot Act have prevented this most recent attempted terrorist attack?

Nothing short of stripping passengers naked and shackling them to their seats would have prevented this most recent attempted terrorist "attack". Americans have to start accepting that we live in a less-than-perfect world.

Nothing short of stripping passengers naked and shackling them to their seats would have prevented this most recent attempted terrorist "attack". Americans have to start accepting that we live in a less-than-perfect world.

I understand your premise, but in this case a more thorough review of the background of this guy clearly would have made a difference as far as whether or not he is allowed to even board the plane in the first place, no?

Even I have to lol at Jim's comment.

Wow.

But cant have THAT....mkaes too much sense.

And I have to LOL at that. You want to satisfy the ACLU? The same group that thinks Christmas decorations violate someones civil rights? :thumbsup:

Nothing short of stripping passengers naked and shackling them to their seats would have prevented this most recent attempted terrorist "attack".

I disagree, his name was on some sort of a potential terrorist watch list, and he should of never have been granted a Passport, and if this would of happened, then we wouldn't even be talking about this.

To answer Gene's question, The Patriot Act wouldn't of altered the course of this man's actions.

That's certainly a telling phrase, my lord. Does god tell you to dislike the ghetto-dwellers more than the trailer trash or the other way round?

Apparently God tells us to dislike the ghetto-dwellers more than the trailer trash as evidenced by the fact that we elected Clinton before Obama.

(Editor's note: Dear liberals, this is a joke. Please get over yourselves.)

Apparently God tells us to dislike the ghetto-dwellers more than the trailer trash as evidenced by the fact that we elected Clinton before Obama.

(Editor's note: Dear liberals, this is a joke. Please get over yourselves.)

God tells me to dislike all people equally