Ye Ole's reflection of game/season

I really like what I saw from Brohm. Looking at what we have right now, between Fitz, Edwards, and Hamdan, Brohm is the only guy on the roster that can legitimately "make all the throws." He definitely threw with great velocity and had no problem throwing out routes.

I'd give him an 8 all things considered. I think he shows some promise to become the top 5 caliber pick that he would've been had he come out after his Jr. year at Louisville. He's going to need time to learn a new offense next season and hopefully get some better blocking up front. That being said, I think Brohm showed the potential to be a very good QB, and that in itself is a win for us given the fact that we picked him up for nothing.

I, personally, would prefer to build the O-line with our first/2nd picks in the draft vs. going QB and trying to develop Brohm. Drafting a first rd. QB, once again means no immediate impact and rebuilding mode for another 2-3 years. Brohm going into his 3rd NFL season and a full offseason to prepare may be ready to roll next year.

But Ye, where are the anecdotes?

Without further adieu... here is your anecdotal information:

When young F. W. Woolworth was a store clerk, he tried to convince his boss to have a ten-cent sale to reduce inventory. The boss agreed, and the idea was a resounding success. This inspired Woolworth to open his own store and price items at a nickel and a dime. He needed capital for such a venture, so he asked his boss to supply the capital for part interest in the store. His boss turned him down flat. "The idea is too risky," he told Woolworth. "There are not enough items to sell for five and ten cents." Woolworth went ahead without his boss's backing, and he not only was successful in his first store, but eventually he owned a chain of F. W. Woolworth stores across the nation. Later, his former boss was heard to remark, "As far as I can figure out, every word I used to turn Woolworth down cost me about a million dollars.

I also saw some things i liked from brohm, but we cannot just lock him up as a franchise qb. Let's look at the reality. We dont draft a qb in the high rounds of the draft, but we draft offensive lineman or defensive lineman etc. Brohm is our starting qb for next year, and halfway through the year we realize even with a good o-line he cannot produce. My point being is that brohm doesnt have enough time to show what he can do, and we still need to draft a qb in the first or second round. I am tired of losing, and we need to have a definite franchise qb.

Without further adieu... here is your anecdotal information:

When young F. W. Woolworth was a store clerk, he tried to convince his boss to have a ten-cent sale to reduce inventory. The boss agreed, and the idea was a resounding success. This inspired Woolworth to open his own store and price items at a nickel and a dime. He needed capital for such a venture, so he asked his boss to supply the capital for part interest in the store. His boss turned him down flat. "The idea is too risky," he told Woolworth. "There are not enough items to sell for five and ten cents." Woolworth went ahead without his boss's backing, and he not only was successful in his first store, but eventually he owned a chain of F. W. Woolworth stores across the nation. Later, his former boss was heard to remark, "As far as I can figure out, every word I used to turn Woolworth down cost me about a million dollars.

I see, if Ralph hadn't bailed out the Raiders the Bills would have won at least 2 SBs.

I too wasn't disappointed in Brohm's play...but, that could be because our standards have been drastically lowered.

Fitz is a no.

Edwards is a hell no.

Brohm is a ?.

QB (IMO) shouldn't be the teams priority in the draft. Pick one in rounds 3-4 but no sooner.

See what hits the junk heap after the season and take the pick of the litter (get it...junk heap...pick of the litter?) and limp through 2010.

I see, if Ralph hadn't bailed out the Raiders the Bills would have won at least 2 SBs.

I too wasn't disappointed in Brohm's play...but, that could be because our standards have been drastically lowered.

Fitz is a no.

Edwards is a hell no.

Brohm is a ?.

QB (IMO) shouldn't be the teams priority in the draft. Pick one in rounds 3-4 but no sooner.

See what hits the junk heap after the season and take the pick of the litter (get it...junk heap...pick of the litter?) and limp through 2010.

This needs to be stated... I certainly am not proclaiming Brohm as a lock. I'm just saying he has more ability to be a top tier QB than anyone else on the current roster. I could see that in one game, simply from the manner in which he threw the ball. You can tell he has a superior arm, and was thought to have elite ability coming out of college. While he's not a lock, neither is any other QB coming out this year. However, I do know that if we don't shore up this O-line, it will be hard to develop any QB. If there's another veteran on the FA market who can come in and compete I'm all for it.