Rams game will define our HEART...

keithg

It is really quite simple, to make something out of this season, the Bills MUST win on Sunday. I am going to throw out last weeks misery and poor play and instead remember we are the same team that had won 3 out of 4 and I believe 3 in a row at home. If we play a good, solid game and beat the Rams, I think we can finish out the season with confidence that we WILL win our home games and play competitive on the road. By the end of the year, even if we don't make the playoffs, we will head into next year having accomplished the following:

1. Willis is the man...end of discussion

2. We have a D that is well coached and continually in Top 5 in NFL

3. Kelsay is as good as TD thought he would be

4. O line is getting better and better coached

5. we have a pretty good FB in Shelton

6. We realize JP is our starter next year...no more Drew

7. Lee Evans is a player, and so is Euhus

I, for one, am very disappointed we will probably not go to the playoffs again, but I am encouraged that we will make significant strides this year and put us in a realistic position to make the playoffs in 2005.

It is really quite simple, to make something out of this season, the Bills MUST win on Sunday.  I am going to throw out last weeks misery and poor play and instead remember we are the same team that had won 3 out of 4 and I believe 3 in a row at home.  If we play a good, solid game and beat the Rams, I think we can finish out the season with confidence that we WILL win our home games and play competitive on the road. By the end of the year, even if we don't make the playoffs, we will head into next year having accomplished the following:

I, for one, am very disappointed we will probably not go to the playoffs again, but I am encouraged that we will make significant strides this year and put us in a realistic position to make the playoffs in 2005.

126080[/snapback]

A couple of things. Our top 5 D got it's ranking against cream puffs. When facing NE we got our asses torn off TWICE.

We have no starter at TE. I would like for us to actually get a STARTER at TE.

It is really quite simple, to make something out of this season, the Bills MUST win on Sunday.  I am going to throw out last weeks misery and poor play and instead remember we are the same team that had won 3 out of 4 and I believe 3 in a row at home.  If we play a good, solid game and beat the Rams, I think we can finish out the season with confidence that we WILL win our home games and play competitive on the road. By the end of the year, even if we don't make the playoffs, we will head into next year having accomplished the following:

126080[/snapback]

GREAT post, I agree, let's try to look at some of the positive things happening.

2 takes on your comments:

1. Kelsay is still a 1-game wonder as far as I'm concerned... want to see more play like he showed us against the Jets.

2. Still not totally sold on Shelton either, though he did have some nice games in the 2nd quarter of the season.

GO JP!!!

Guest Datshit Israel

126080[/snapback]

The Rams are an opponent the Bills shouldn't need a great outing to defeat. They are a .500 type team, and on the road they even picked up a loss to the Dolphins. They don't represent much of a "heart" challenge. This team has already proven to be a bunch of tin men. They only play well when the pressure is off, which is why I look for a victory this weekend now that the fans and media have written the season off.

As for the "Our House" stuff, that was the Bills season ticket sale slogan for this year. In addition to being less inspiring than the Under Armour commercials it was ripped from(which were ripped from Ray Lewis), it was inaccurate. If they win out at home and finish 6-2, that represents only a decent home mark.

An edited slogan may read something like "DON'T HATE THE GAME, HATE THE PLAYERS", 'cause these guys got no heart at all, but it's our team, hopefully they're just passing thru.

This is what I hope happens...obviously we don't know for sure but...I think....

Willis will prove he is special

Kelsay will continue to improve

the o line will get better as the season goes on

our D will end up in Top 5 (maybe just top 10)

These are all things that make me look forward to the future...I guess what I am trying to say is...even if we don't make the playoffs, the season was not a total waste.

Fartz wants to chuck the rock to get way ahead then run the ball to kill the clock. If we play ten yards off the Rams WR's then Marshall Faulk may run the ball the entire second half. Four or five wides will give us fits.........pray for rain and high winds.

Fartz wants to chuck the rock to get way ahead then run the ball to kill the clock. If we play ten yards off the Rams WR's then Marshall Faulk may run the ball the entire second half. Four or five wides will give us fits.........pray for rain and high winds.

126112[/snapback]

Tdog I am almost willing to bet $5.00 we see 3-4 wide with one back on the Rams first play. Hell I wouldn't doubt they then send faulk in motion.

Tdog I am almost willing to bet $5.00 we see 3-4 wide with one back on the Rams first play. Hell I wouldn't doubt they then send faulk in motion.

126114[/snapback]

I hate to say it but I think Fartz can outscheme Grey. Fartz whole offense is designed around the 10-15yard pass. We play so far off the ball it plays right into that scheme. If we cant generate a pass rush on Bulger........we're in big trouble. St Louis Middle of the O Line is vulnerable.....Adams better dominate.

As for the "Our House" stuff, that was the Bills season ticket sale slogan for this year. In addition to being less inspiring than the Under Armour commercials it was ripped from(which were ripped from Ray Lewis), it was inaccurate. If they win out at home and finish 6-2, that represents only a decent home mark.

Actually, UnderArmor ripped off our Bills commercial. Don't you be messin' with Our House.