I love the Best Buy in store pickup

Just Jack

make sure you wait for the confirmation email, and not when your bank shows the debit...there is a delay...i have heard several issues with the timliness of in store pickup...and no this isn't just sour grapes....

No need to fight the masses for cheap DVD's, make their staff grab them off the shelfs/bins for me, I can stroll in anytime this afternoon and get them from the customer service counter.

No need to fight the masses for cheap DVD's, make their staff grab them off the shelfs/bins for me, I can stroll in anytime this afternoon and get them from the customer service counter.

Take that one step further... Go to Amazon.com, don't pay tax (unless you live in NY) and let UPS deliver it to your door. :wacko:

make sure you wait for the confirmation email, and not when your bank shows the debit...there is a delay...i have heard several issues with the timliness of in store pickup...and no this isn't just sour grapes....

Yep, I wait for the confirm email. What's nice is I go to the newer Best Buy in Dewitt, where the Toys R Us used to be, not the one at Carousel.

Take that one step further... Go to Amazon.com, don't pay tax (unless you live in NY) and let UPS deliver it to your door. :worthy:

BTW, has anybody seen a marked drop off in service from UPS? Besides the fact they they now just ring a bell and then bolt, whether you are home or not, just dropping yopur stuff at the front door, they have

1) Left two boxes outside the door in poring rain with no plastic wrap..by the time we got home and brought the packages inside the contants were ruined.

2) Left two boxes at the end of the driveway in snowbanks. Now I know we do not deal with snow much down here, but my driveway and walk has been shoveld and clear since day two of the snow storm, so getting to the front door pretty easy. One of them was a box of flowers for tmy wife from 1-800-floweres, again complety ruined. The other box had some pricey stuff in it as well, and to basically have it sitting in the street was pretty disturbing to me.

Might be just our route guy, but we have let UPS know of the issues, and both companies that had stuff reuined have replaced at no charge to us..but was wondering if otheres were experiencing the same level of service degradation?

BTW, has anybody seen a marked drop off in service from UPS? Besides the fact they they now just ring a bell and then bolt, whether you are home or not, just dropping yopur stuff at the front door, they have

1) Left two boxes outside the door in poring rain with no plastic wrap..by the time we got home and brought the packages inside the contants were ruined.

2) Left two boxes at the end of the driveway in snowbanks. Now I know we do not deal with snow much down here, but my driveway and walk has been shoveld and clear since day two of the snow storm, so getting to the front door pretty easy. One of them was a box of flowers for tmy wife from 1-800-floweres, again complety ruined. The other box had some pricey stuff in it as well, and to basically have it sitting in the street was pretty disturbing to me.

Might be just our route guy, but we have let UPS know of the issues, and both companies that had stuff reuined have replaced at no charge to us..but was wondering if otheres were experiencing the same level of service degradation?

Just depends on your driver. I've had bad ones in the past, but my current one is great. Everything I receive is well protected and hidden from view the best he can. They also have a lot of temp workers during the holidays who probably don't care as much.

My FedEx driver on the other hand :worthy:

Just depends on your driver. I've had bad ones in the past, but my current one is great. Everything I receive is well protected and hidden from view the best he can. They also have a lot of temp workers during the holidays who probably don't care as much.

Yeah, same here -- UPS has been great (aside from ding-dong-ditch, which I don't like...).

FedEx, on the other hand, has actually delivered packages to the wrong house (one of which was my wife's engagement ring!!! :worthy: ). They also refuse to redeliver anything if you're not home, even if the driver attempted delivery a couple of minutes prior.

Then again, it appears that UPS now charges a fee to change delivery dates or delivery addresses, so their customer service might be dropping a bit too... But other than that, I've had no problems.

Totally agree with this. Our FedEx guy sucks, but our UPS Driver is great.

I've only had one bad run in with them and it was a few years back, but it still confuses me to this day. I had a delivery that required a signature. They let some guy with a name that looked nothing like mine sign for it. Even better, he didn't even live in the building. I got my money back obviously, but that was the last time I ever had anything shipped to my apartment. I've since moved, but I still have everything sent to the office now.

Take that one step further... Go to Amazon.com, don't pay tax (unless you live in NY) and let UPS deliver it to your door. :censored:

Amen to this. I went to Best Buy before Christmas to get a Sanus Corner TV wall mount that was priced in Best Buy at $299.99. I about died. Then, they said they would price match THEIR own website, LOL, at $249.99.

I proceeded to show them the same mount on Amazon for $89.99 and since they didn't match that, I also showed it to the other two customers there with me looking at the same mount. Needless to say, they said they would search Amazon.

Amazon plus free shipping on anything over $50, saved me over $200. Two days later, it was at my door, and on the wall!

I now love Amazon and Overstock .com's.