very funny comment on today's game - The New York Times

dave mcbride

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/12...rohm&st=cse

Bills (5-9) at Falcons (7-7)

Sunday, 1 p.m.

Line: Falcons by 9

By this time of the year, most teams have established a signature play, something that defines their offense. The Colts have the deep dig to Dallas Clark, the Eagles the bomb to DeSean Jackson, the Saints a double-stack, triple-fake pass to Marques Colston. The Browns’ signature play is a punt return. The Falcons’ signature play — yawn — is an off-tackle handoff to Jason Snelling, but it could be worse. The Bills’ signature play: Ryan Fitzpatrick dropping to pass, the pocket instantly collapsing, Fitzpatrick desperately pitching to Fred Jackson as three defenders clutch at him, and Jackson faking and juking for 3 hard-won yards. Fitzpatrick is hurt this week, as is Trent Edwards, but the third-stringer Brian Brohm runs the Bills’ signature play as well as anyone.

They are so funny...

I'm pretty sure they don't have the Jets signature play being Mark Sanchez dropping back and throwing an interception 5 times a game do they? Or is it Rex Ryan castrating his QB and forcing him to hand the ball off every play? Because, no offense, Sanchez is one of the only QB's in the NFL that Fitzpatrick has a higher QB rating than...

They are so funny...

I'm pretty sure they don't have the Jets signature play being Mark Sanchez dropping back and throwing an interception 5 times a game do they? Or is it Rex Ryan castrating his QB and forcing him to hand the ball off every play?

You're presuming a NY sportswriter is a Jets fan instead of a reporter. My experience is that no sportswriters in any town are more critical of a team than NY writers are toward the Jets. All he's doing here is speaking the truth.

It's funny and true. As Jim Kelly said in his recent column on the team website, the QB's have about 1 second to throw after a 5 step drop. May as well find the closest receiver when a DLineman is bearing down on you. Difference between Jackson and Lynch is that FJ makes the catch and gets yards, whereas ML might not. If he does, it's negative yards.

It's funny and true. As Jim Kelly said in his recent column on the team website, the QB's have about 1 second to throw after a 5 step drop. May as well find the closest receiver when a DLineman is bearing down on you. Difference between Jackson and Lynch is that FJ makes the catch and gets yards, whereas ML might not. If he does, it's negative yards.

I think the difference between the two is Lynch picks up the blitz, and Jackson does not.