QBs to trade for

rpcolosi

If the price was right, I'd be a big fan of going after Troy Smith.

I was thinking about this guy. He won the Heisman, won a bunch of games in college, graduated ie. he is a perfect fit for the Parcells criteria of QBs. He's played some and hasn't look incompetent out there. He grew up in Ohio and has played in Baltimore for the past three years. The only problem is he is a restricted FA thus would likely require some compensation.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

My darkhorse QB that could become available is David Garrard. If they somehow manage to draft Tim Tebow in Jacksonville, they may hand him the keys to the team. Just an idea...

I was just talking about that possibility with my Dad and Uncle this morning. :wacko: I would love this. While, not a spectacular QB, he's light years better than what we've had recently.

1. David Garrard is not going anywhere. The Jags aren't going to let him go without a better option and rookie Tim Tebow is not starting. Kolb is not realistic either. You would have to put together a Matt Schaub or Rob Johnson style package for them. The team can't rebuild it's lines by trading away picks.

You assume the Jags wouldn't start Tebow if they draft him. Remember the whole reason they will draft him is to sell the Jags to Gator fans. Keeping him on the bench would only piss them off. They would likely keep Garrard as a backup but the whole point of this exercise is to play "what if..." IF Garrard was available I would trade for him because there are very few FA QBs that are as good as him right now.

2. If Brohm can be a serviceable starter? Do you think he's going to prove that over the next two weeks? Even if he plays well, I sure as hell wouldn't want to just name him the starter and not have a backup plan.

Brohm can be a stop gap if he can play okay. Mortaging the future for a QB now is unproductive when he have more glaring needs elsewhere. You add the QB when the other parts are working.

3. I agree with no QB in the first round.

4. I agree with taking a chance on a second-tier type rookie like Pike. Bad move to just throw a rookie into the fire though.

I agree. If we draft Pike or any rookie, we don't play them yet. That's why we use Brohm or whoever to hold the spot in 2010.

5. I agree TE and Fitz are done starting in Buffalo. I could see Fitz being a backup but TE is gone.

6. With all of this being said, you had no better idea than anyone else. The bottom line is, the Bills aren't going to find a surefire starting QB this offseason. The best plan would be to bring in a couple of cheap FAs with possible upside, a rookie or two, and Fitz. Fixing the lines and LBs should recieve the majority of the team's effort and resources.

Agree except some of the names on the list are guys who suck now or failed as Bills earlier. If we bring someone in for heavens sake get someone who isn't already spent.

PTR

How pathetic is it when Bills fans want awful QBs from other teams, as if they will magically start playing well in Buffalo.

PTR

Thanks, someone who is thinking. Ok lets first settle down here and watch Brohm. Edwards still can throw but needs to get out of his brain thing and could still be a starter in the league. Is he done in Buffalo? Hell no. He is coming up on his last year in his contract and using the Losman case, the Bills will hang on to him for atleast next year, "just in case". If you look around the Bills team, we need alot of positions so I think the QB is not the first fill. If the FO has learned anything in the last ten years is you don't grab someone else's back up OBs. That has led to more problems. I think Brohm will show us something today if allowed to. Fewell may limit him to short plays. First pick next year will be a WR or Defensive player.