Anyone fired a machine gun before?

Fezmid

Ammo is pretty expensive, but if you are looking for the best bang for your buck, I would go with the MP-5. 9mm is comparably cheap and the mp-5 is an outstanding gun.

I buy ammo at gunshows, you can buy it in bulk. Here, wal-mart sells ammo too

Ammunition used to be cheap but since President Obama was elected the demand has far exceeded the supply so it's friggin' outrageous now. You used to be able to buy .223 for less than $200/1000 rounds but I'm sure it's at least double that now.

For people who haven't done it, it's worth the splurge one time - though it's much better to pound an inanimate object with one than a paper target. I doubt you'll get that option in that environment.

Just paid $20 for 500 round of 22LR hollow point. but the .223 was like $17 bucks for 50 rounds. What is different between 22LR and .223 ? Are they not almost the same?

Whats the advantage of a centerfire?

On a rimfire the priming compound is in the rim of the case itself. For the firing pin to ignite it the brass must be thin enough that the pin can crush it. This severely limits the pressure a rim fire can hold. On a centerfire the primer is separate, in the middle of the base, and the flame travels up a small flash hole so the case can be much thicker and can handle much higher pressures. I don't know exactly what they load RF ammo to but I suspect it's under 10,000 PSI. Centerfire can go 60,000PSI+

On a rimfire the priming compound is in the rim of the case itself. For the firing pin to ignite it the brass must be thin enough that the pin can crush it. This severely limits the pressure a rim fire can hold. On a centerfire the primer is separate, in the middle of the base, and the flame travels up a small flash hole so the case can be much thicker and can handle much higher pressures. I don't know exactly what they load RF ammo to but I suspect it's under 10,000 PSI. Centerfire can go 60,000PSI+

How do you know so much about guns? (if you don't mind me asking).

How do you know so much about guns? (if you don't mind me asking).

It's not classified information. If you are interested in something you try to learn about it. Why do you think so many people on this forum know not only who the Bills drafted in the seventh round in 2003, but who they SHOULD have drafted?

Been shooting for 40 years. Ought to know a thing or two.

It's not classified information. If you are interested in something you try to learn about it. Why do you think so many people on this forum know not only who the Bills drafted in the seventh round in 2003, but who they SHOULD have drafted?

Been shooting for 40 years. Ought to know a thing or two.

We drafted a woman, Mary O'Haggen when we could have taken Mr. Chroise himself. Yah 40 years will do it.