Something's rotten in Austin & it isn't the Horns

Beerball

Former NFL players involved

Former employees included Coy and Ty Detmer, Jeff Blake, Chris Weinke & Chance Mock.

and an employee, former NFL quarterback Jeff Blake, who had e-mailed an advertisement -- claiming a jaw-dropping average of 32 percent annual returns on Triton investments over the past five years -- to 102 current and former NFL players without any of the disclaimers legally required by the SEC.

The suit alleges that Barton solicited $12 million from investors, including the named plaintiff, Ryan Shapiro, for the purchase of an underperforming insurance company that it never bought, instead illegally using the money collected to pay bills or other Triton clients under the guise of "returns" on previous investments.

Anywhere there is money there will be corruption. My brother's electronics firm was making a killing selling specialized electrics equipment to business and government, and then suddenly the company's profit started slipping and he couldn't figure out why. We brought in an accountant who checked the books and found nothing. We looked over everything several times and just couldn't figure it out. My brother knew something was wrong. He was being ripped off he felt but couldn't figure out by who or how. Don't ask me how he knew, but its his business and he knows it like a mother knows her child. So we just went to the bottom of it and started looking into every last detail of the operation. We had five family members working on this for two weeks and my cousin figured it out. Our supply manager knew someone at another electrical supply firm and they cooked up this scheme together to charge us for "heavy duty" transistors and diodes even though they would just be shipping us the regular equipment and they kept the extra amount off the top for themselves, which amounted to several thousand a month. If this had been a larger company the guy never would have been caught. I just bet this goes on all the time