Drew Willy

MaineMoxie

Considering the general mediocrity at the QB position in the NFL, why hasn't anyone given Drew Willy a shot since the Ravens let him go? Part of me wonders if he wouldn't be better than the Chroisen One (yes, a heresy, I know). The NFL seems to like to recycle people even if they prove to be less than competent (can you say Dick Jauron?).

Considering the general mediocrity at the QB position in the NFL, why hasn't anyone given Drew Willy a shot since the Ravens let him go? Part of me wonders if he wouldn't be better than the Chroisen One (yes, a heresy, I know). The NFL seems to like to recycle people even if they prove to be less than competent (can you say Dick Jauron?).

Probably his lack of arm strength.

PTR

Check Colts team page. On a side note Orchard Park's Josh Thomas might be back with the Colts in time for their game here in O.P.

He's been on Indy's practice squad the last two weeks or so.

Polian loves the kids from Buffalo. I like the fact he gives them a shot.

Willy had a great career at UB. He sees the field well and makes good throws. He just doesn't have a cannon arm. But he throws well enough to play in Buffalo. The wind blows just as hard at UB Stadium.

PTR

When the colts play here on January 3, hopefully Willy will have been signed to the Colts active roster. It would be nice if they allowed him a couple snaps at the Ralph.

Your wish may have been granted...Willy was promoted to the active roster this afternoon. :wallbash:

Cool! I'd love to see him get a few snaps at The Ralph.

Don't get your hopes up...

No matter how much they won't say they want a perfect season, who wouldn't want to tell their grandkids in 20 years that they were on 1 of 2 teams to go 16-0?

Don't get your hopes up...

No matter how much they won't say they want a perfect season, who wouldn't want to tell their grandkids in 20 years that they were on 1 of 2 teams to go 16-0?

be an even bigger deal to be the 1st team to go 19-0

But...they'd technically be the 3rd team to go 16-0...as much as we like to block it out, the Fish did go 17-0

Hopefully, they'll give him the final snaps after the Colts pull Peyton when the Bills pull off the upset win

Considering the general mediocrity at the QB position in the NFL

The quarterbacks today are just as good -- if not better -- than they have ever been. It's a quarterback's league.

Probably his lack of arm strength.

Or his atrociously slow delivery.