its not as bad as you may think

buffalo_bills

We've gone all year talking about how much this team stinks, and how we need to clean the house. THe last time i checked, cleaning the house means to start from GROUND ZERO. Starting from ground zero means no playoffs for more years to come, which is all us bills fans need!! The rams need to start from ground zero. THE BUCS need to start from ground zero. the browns ( who managed to beat us!) :thumbsup: need to start from ground zero. The bills DO NOT NEED TO START FROM GROUND ZERO!!!!! The problem is not our defense. sure it is not great, but it is nto bad either. We're third against the pass, but last against the run. to fix our run issues, we need to get a solid linebacker to replace ellison, and a big lineman to replace stroud or williams. The problem is mostly with our offense and coaching. Lets forget about our horrible o-line for a sec, and think what this season could've been if edwards played well and didnt get hurt. I see us winning at least 3 more games, which could've put us in a great position to make the playoffs. THe coaching is awful, but with jauron gone, i think we will get a real coach, and a real system in the offseason. With that being said, i think we get a QB in the first round, and a tackle in the 2nd round. We can get a linebacker in free agency, and im sure there are many lb's better than ellison or mitchell.

People don't overestimate the state of this franchise. The pieces are there, now we have to do a little fixing here and there, and we will see our team back in the playoffs! GO BILLS!

the defense needs a good pass rush to be effective. I still can't believe all the interceptions we got with virtually no pass rush. It seems like the last 3 to 4 years we have had the same problems and haven't been able to fix them.

When next year comes around I am not going to have any optimism for the year and maybe we will do good. I always get sold on the Bills thinking that they are going to turn the corner but they never do. One thing that is for sure, I am not going to give up on my team.

the defense needs a good pass rush to be effective. I still can't believe all the interceptions we got with virtually no pass rush. It seems like the last 3 to 4 years we have had the same problems and haven't been able to fix them.

When next year comes around I am not going to have any optimism for the year and maybe we will do good. I always get sold on the Bills thinking that they are going to turn the corner but they never do. One thing that is for sure, I am not going to give up on my team.

The Bills are currently 30th in total offense, 30th in passing, only Oakland and Cleveland were worse.The defense is not the biggest problem by far.

#17 in rushing with the worst O line in the NFL, just think if the Bills had a solid line...that could have made the difference in 3-4 wins.

#21 in total defense, #2 against the pass and #32 LAST against the run and you want a better pass rush?

1) fix the offense, OC, game plan, play book.

2) fix the offensive line

3) change the defensive scheme away from the Tampax 2, worst in the NFL against the run

We've gone all year talking about how much this team stinks, and how we need to clean the house. THe last time i checked, cleaning the house means to start from GROUND ZERO. Starting from ground zero means no playoffs for more years to come, which is all us bills fans need!! The rams need to start from ground zero. THE BUCS need to start from ground zero. the browns ( who managed to beat us!) :thumbsup: need to start from ground zero. The bills DO NOT NEED TO START FROM GROUND ZERO!!!!! The problem is not our defense. sure it is not great, but it is nto bad either. We're third against the pass, but last against the run. to fix our run issues, we need to get a solid linebacker to replace ellison, and a big lineman to replace stroud or williams. The problem is mostly with our offense and coaching. Lets forget about our horrible o-line for a sec, and think what this season could've been if edwards played well and didnt get hurt. I see us winning at least 3 more games, which could've put us in a great position to make the playoffs. THe coaching is awful, but with jauron gone, i think we will get a real coach, and a real system in the offseason. With that being said, i think we get a QB in the first round, and a tackle in the 2nd round. We can get a linebacker in free agency, and im sure there are many lb's better than ellison or mitchell.

People don't overestimate the state of this franchise. The pieces are there, now we have to do a little fixing here and there, and we will see our team back in the playoffs! GO BILLS!

Cleaning house means throwing out the dirt while keeping the furniture, the CDs and the food that hasn't gone bad. It doesn't mean starting from ground zero.

But like most teams likely to end up with 5 wins, we don't have a Super Bowl team minus one or two guys. We could have a good team with four or five guys at specific positions, but we don't have impact players, and who knows what positions those guys come at.

Like most teams in our position, we won't be real competitors for a championship for another three years or so. By that time, there aren't likely to be more than 4 or 5 current Bills on the team, especially because new coaches often bring new schemes, which require different kinds of guys.

i think this team can be really good in 2 years if the right choices are made....

You could easily have said this in 2001, 2005, 2006, 2007, and now we're saying it again. Yet, many of the same people finding players were there this whole time.

No QB. nothing at OT, cannot stop the run, little pass rush, OLB extremely thin, I'd say that's a total rebuild right there. oh, and in desperate need of an actual GM and HC.

Bull ****. Most of you fans have forgotten what a REAL team looks like. I doubt ONE of these clowns could make the early 90's lineup.

Blow it up, start over.

I there's some truth to this, though it may be an unpleasant truth. The NFL is a watered-down version of what it was in the '90s so there are a LOT of players in the league who wouldn't have been able to make the '90s version of the Bills. Today's NFL is a sea of mediocrity. Having 32 teams has diluted the talent pool, both in terms of players as well as coaches and FO people.

As for the Bills, they have managed to win 5 games (though I'm not entirely sure how). To fix this team they should switch to a 3-4 defense. Put Stroud at NT with Williams and Schobel (if he doesn't retire) on the ends. Then get some good run-stuffing LBs. Keep Poz in there to call the defensive plays. Don't play ten yards off defenders on 3rd and less than 10.

As for the offense, I'd keep Levitre and Wood (maybe Hangartner?) and blow up the rest. Bell hasn't proven anything as far as I'm concerned. Obviously we need a new QB. But, with a good OL and the right coaching, you can win with mediocre QBs (e.g. Brad Johnson, Doug Williams, etc. all won Super Bowls). On the other hand, with a top-flight, mobile QB and a weak OL you can also do reasonably well (e.g. the Packers). It may not be possible to fix both at once so the smart thing would be to fix one or the other. I think the easier thing to do would be to fix the OL since the NFL is a little thin at QB. I wouldn't touch the RBs or WRs. A lot of teams have two good RBs these days so we should keep them both. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing TO stick around for another year just to see what he could do with a real QB.

As a prior poster stated most of the posters have settled for mediocrity. If you believe getting one LB is going turn us into being top 5 against the run you are sadly mistaken, Let take our starters and make them back ups and get 3 new LB's with size and smarts. Changing to 3-4 defense with out talent will still have us ranked toward the bottom. We just be moving the problem around instead of addressing it. We need better talent, it's not the scheme.

I would like for us to address free agency with the idea getting 3/4 players.

1 QB maybe Kyle Orton,

1 OT Jared Gaither is young, upcoming, and solid.

1 DE Ray Edwards is worth pursuing, he is 25 and getting better. He is athletic, solid against the run and has 6.5 sacks t

his. Or Marcus Spears (27) of Dallas, very good against the run.

1 RB Pierre Thomas he can catch and run like Jackson.

Attain more draft picks

Anything goes here try to use Trent Edwards, Kelsey, Parrish, McCargo, Poz, Whitner as bait if we can land Thomas, Lynch becomes bait as well. We only need 2 picks.

We would like to hold onto Lynch, Poz, Whitner but lets not get too attached. I feel we can get a 4th rounder for Edwards maybe a 3rd tops, and a 4th or 5th for Parrish

Draft

1 LB McClain

2 QB/OT

3 OT/DT

4 DT/LB

4 ?

5 DT/LB

5 ?

6 OT/G

6 DE