Merry Christmas Bills' fans!

Tipster19

Lord knows that it's been a lean year and due to economics I got two presents this year but I got one that is a real treasure! I got a dress shirt/tie and a big, beautiful framed picture of Ralph Wilson Stadium! I live in SW Florida for the last 16 years and when I opened the gift I was flooded with so many memories of going to a bunch of games during the 80's and 90's. I was at the 1990 AFC Conference title game and saw my all time favorite player ( Darryl Talley) make a pick 6 in the endzone that I was sitting in. I was at all the home play-off games in the early-mid 90's except for the Greatest Come Back game ( stupid me! I'm still kicking myself over that one! Ha! I just misspelt stupid! Good thing for spellcheck) and many regular season games.

I, as many have been, has been greatly disappointed with the results of the last several seasons but I'd like to share a surprising revelation that caught me off guard as I opened this gift. I realized I lost a part of the Bills once I moved. I still follow them feverishly and the I love that I got for them in my heart is the same as when you're separated from family members once you move but there is no replacing the social aspect of going to the game and tailgating or sitting around the coffeetable and visiting your family. I miss it, I miss it alot! So I guess my message that I would to share is take time to hug the ones you love because you never know when they'll be taken from you and that includes the Bills. Merry Christmas to one and all of you and I hope that you all have a great day!

Btw, the shirt was the wrong size and I won't have my house much longer but there is a wall out there somewhere that I'll be able to hang my picture on and that will be my home, especially when I look at my picture! Merry Christmas! Ho! Ho! Ho!

Lord knows that it's been a lean year and due to economics I got two presents this year but I got one that is a real treasure! I got a dress shirt/tie and a big, beautiful framed picture of Ralph Wilson Stadium! I live in SW Florida for the last 16 years and when I opened the gift I was flooded with so many memories of going to a bunch of games during the 80's and 90's. I was at the 1990 AFC Conference title game and saw my all time favorite player ( Darryl Talley) make a pick 6 in the endzone that I was sitting in. I was at all the home play-off games in the early-mid 90's except for the Greatest Come Back game ( stupid me! I'm still kicking myself over that one! Ha! I just misspelt stupid! Good thing for spellcheck) and many regular season games.

I, as many have been, has been greatly disappointed with the results of the last several seasons but I'd like to share a surprising revelation that caught me off guard as I opened this gift. I realized I lost a part of the Bills once I moved. I still follow them feverishly and the I love that I got for them in my heart is the same as when you're separated from family members once you move but there is no replacing the social aspect of going to the game and tailgating or sitting around the coffeetable and visiting your family. I miss it, I miss it alot! So I guess my message that I would to share is take time to hug the ones you love because you never know when they'll be taken from you and that includes the Bills. Merry Christmas to one and all of you and I hope that you all have a great day!

Btw, the shirt was the wrong size and I won't have my house much longer but there is a wall out there somewhere that I'll be able to hang my picture on and that will be my home, especially when I look at my picture! Merry Christmas! Ho! Ho! Ho!

Merry Christmas to you as well. I hope you find somewhere nice to hang your picture. I got a collectable wall display of the 1988 Bills from my nieces. It was very cool. Had Biscuits Topps rookie card, along with Kelly, Talley, Bruce and several others.

Lord knows that it's been a lean year and due to economics I got two presents this year but I got one that is a real treasure! I got a dress shirt/tie and a big, beautiful framed picture of Ralph Wilson Stadium! I live in SW Florida for the last 16 years and when I opened the gift I was flooded with so many memories of going to a bunch of games during the 80's and 90's. I was at the 1990 AFC Conference title game and saw my all time favorite player ( Darryl Talley) make a pick 6 in the endzone that I was sitting in. I was at all the home play-off games in the early-mid 90's except for the Greatest Come Back game ( stupid me! I'm still kicking myself over that one! Ha! I just misspelled stupid! Good thing for spellcheck) and many regular season games.

Merry Christmas to you and yours, Tipster! Your always good posts, their addition to this board, are very much appreciated. :thumbsup:

I realized I lost a part of the Bills once I moved.

once you move but there is no replacing the social aspect of going to the game and tailgating

I know what you mean. So much is lost when you can't go to the games and get the full experience. It's been eleven years for me. Even though I am long gone from western New York, I would do practically anything I could to keep the Bills in Buffalo so that my former neighbors and tailgatemates could still enjoy the games. They deserve to have the Bills in the future.

Bills fans, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.