QB SOLUTION

vegas55

Marc Bulger has sucked for like 5 years now. Yea lets go out and get him. While we are at it lets get all the has beens in the NFL.

The 2006/2007 season Bulger QB rating was 92.3 - in the years preceding that ranged in low 90s up to 100. IF a QB rating of 92.3 "sucks for like 5 years now" I would take it. When was the last time a Buffalo QB had 90+ qb rating. Bulger is not an ideal solution, just a legitimate alternative to provide at least a level of competent qb play - and i have not heard a better alternative

Would you?

...would you?

Are you kidding? Absolutely.. the guy knows the division, will be cheap, is a winner, is better than anyone we have right now and almost won the MVP 2 years ago. He would be good to throw into the mix with a rookie in the next 1-2 years. Only downsides are injury prone (so is every other Bills quarterback in 21st century) and weak arm. As weak of an arm as he has look at his completion #s 10+ and 20+ yards down the field. There was a study done last year of him versus Farve on long passes for career and it wasn't even close - Pennington had him by a mile.

Clausen will not be available when Bills pick. Forget reaching for any of the other guys; can't sit through several more seasons of rookie level QB play hoping and praying without any guarantee that the guy will eventually be a legit NFL QB. Draft a stud left tackle who will anchor that position for the next ten years. If Vick is not a viable alternative, there is a guy with experience, credentials and the ability to bring our offense to a playoff level. He is a guy who just needs a change of scenery and a decent supporting cast to prosper. His name is Marc Bulger and he will be available after this season.

I like that idea. I was thinking either him or possibly Tavaris Jackson from Minnesota.

Are you kidding? Absolutely.. the guy knows the division, will be cheap, is a winner, is better than anyone we have right now and almost won the MVP 2 years ago. He would be good to throw into the mix with a rookie in the next 1-2 years. Only downsides are injury prone (so is every other Bills quarterback in 21st century) and weak arm. As weak of an arm as he has look at his completion #s 10+ and 20+ yards down the field. There was a study done last year of him versus Farve on long passes for career and it wasn't even close - Pennington had him by a mile.

Not behind this OL. Gotta fix that first.